[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to deal with someone with BPD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Cz-prg7VQAAupT4.jpg (27KB, 540x407px) Image search: [Google]
Cz-prg7VQAAupT4.jpg
27KB, 540x407px
My roommate/friend has BPD, and I'm worried it's going to ruin our relationship.
The main problem is that in addition to having BPD, he's terrified of any kind of confrontation and hides his emotions all the time. If someone upsets him, he'll usually just say nothing and stew in the negative feelings.
I know that the disorder is affecting our friendship because we'll go through periods where we're really close and hanging out all the time, and then suddenly I'll barely see him for days or weeks on end - all of which is in line with the unstable relationships people with BPD tend to maintain. But it can be hard to figure out why things changed because he won't tell me if something I did upset him (whether his feelings were rational or not).
He wants to get better and is trying really hard, but in the mean time, how do we keep our friendship and living situation healthy?
>>
BPD here,

we suck.
>>
>>18085579
Well I still need to make this work for another year since I already renewed my lease, so...
>>
>>18085586
You're dumb as fuck. People with BPD are barely even human. They will do anything, blame their awful behavior on someone else, and play the victim every single time. There is no way to fix them.
>>
Borderline Personality Disorder?
>>
Ask him as a favor to express the smallest emotion-eliciting grievance, whether ongoing or past, at a set time. Express how you feel, and put into words how you think he feels, correct as needed. Repeat and build upon. Encourage confrontation in real time, and note it as it happens.
>>
>>18085618
Yes
>>18085620
That's helpful. Thank you.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.