[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need a reason to get up in the morning.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: eileen the crow.jpg (276KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
eileen the crow.jpg
276KB, 2000x2000px
Hey /adv/.

Basically, I'm your typical 19-year-old college student that sometimes goes out and spends most of his time either studying or procrastinating from studying by having hobbies. I'm almost done with my second year in college and I still don't know what I really want to do with my life.

I feel lost and I'm not motivated to do anything at all. I don't really enjoy anything I do anymore. I still live with my dad and I passed up an opportunity to stay fit and join the military because of him, and since then, I haven't really found a reason to live or get better. I had spent months working out constantly and putting it insane amounts of work into myself so that I could be eligible for the job I dreamed of, and just a few months before I was gonna be sent off to boot camp, I was guilt tripped into quitting the prospect of joining the military. As a result, I got depressed and regained all the weight I lost in a short amount of time.

It's been a year since then and I don't know what to do. I tried to raise my grades, stay in shape and still be somewhat social, but I failed in every regard and now; I have mediocre grades, I'm very overweight and I'm too ashamed of myself to continue having any consistent form of a social life, including the possibility. Every week gets harder for me to live through and now, I just want to be by myself, even though it kills me to not be able to have any confidence in myself anymore.

How can I fix this? I've tried everything I could think of, but I just feel like I'm forcing myself to live a life that I don't want, and yet I don't have the energy nor the motivation to do anything about it.

Pic unrelated, i just really like this game.
>>
>>18085183
> I was guilt tripped into quitting the prospect of joining the military.

What's that supposed to mean? Why were you guilt tripped?

Nobody can make you feel or do what you don't want to. You allow them to tell you what to do.
>>
>>18085183
You're going through what everyone goes through.

Just understand that from now until about 30 years of age you're going to be consistently fucking everything up. Don't sweat the small stuff... ie girls, dumb jobs, speeding tickets, grades, etc.

You'll find your way. It will happen.
>>
>>18085183
stop being a pussy and join the military, it'll help you transition from being a sobbing sad cunt into a sick cunt for the rest of your life once you're through with it

it ain't gonna be easy, and it's gonna suck, but it'll make you harder than you ever thought possible and take you to places you've never seen before. you'll join an exclusive community of veterans who understand what the journey is like, too, and you won't regret your choice in joining.

fuck the guilt trip, it's your life and you gotta live it before you die. we don't get long on this earth after all

btw I barely trained before joining the marines. I sucked at college and after 2 years decided I'd go ahead and do something else and see the world a bit before finishing up my degree. I had already put on that freshman 15, but as long as you aren't fatasfatass you'll be fine. I was in that gay ass poolee shit for like 2 weeks max and I told the fuckheads I'm not going to their gay ass meetings/events because I've got a job and don't feel like wasting my time with a bunch of dickheads pretending to be in the military already
>>
>>18085183
look at a similar point in your life where you had that situation. what did you do to fix it?
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.