[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I still change career now that I'm 23, or should I accept

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: a.jpg (66KB, 640x496px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
66KB, 640x496px
Can I still change career now that I'm 23, or should I accept I fucked up.

From software engineering to animation. I found that soft. eng. is actually far easy and feasible to learn at home, so now I feel I could have had studied animation (and everything it implies) better.
>>
>>18085119

nope! literally no one can ever change careers by 23, you'd just end up getting fucked by black men
>>
>>18085119
Dude I was talking to a family friend in his fifties who has a nice house in a gated suburb on the coast of California and works as a higher up in Cisco's management a few months ago. He said that he was wanting to transfer to their marketing department, even at that age with that much success. He told me that "In your father and I's days people would change their career at most four times in their life. I've been told, though, that your generation will change their careers ten or twelve times which is simply astounding." The world is changing, your line of work is a testimony to that.
>>
>>18085146

Yeah, I mean about time. I'm tempted to redo college; 3 years. I'll finish at 26. I don't know if it is worth it.
>>
>>18085119
Absolutely.

Just might not be what you always planned.

Theres other jobs that pay well that Dont require a degree. Might I suggest trades skills?
>>
>>18085119
Come in animation bro. I assume you're talking about 3D stuff. There's a lot of jobs right now in that domain and you still got 10 years or so before the market becomes saturated.

I'm studying in this field and there's people from everywhere here. I'm 20, all I ever did was 3D. One of my buds is 23 just like you, he never studied before. Hell, there's a guy who's 32 and he's loving it, this guy's path was crazy before he got here.

It's a good field to study in right now, you should do it. 23 is still very young.
>>
>>18085210

Well, anything related to animation. I just love it. I made the wrong decision of getting into a software engineering degree since it is boring as hell and everything they "teach" us is worthless for the actual work field (I already worked on it in a formal well, getting nice money). Now I want to get better an animation degree not for the degree/paper itself, but to actually get the time to learn more about it. If things get sketchy I know I can get back into software even without the degree.
>>
>>18085119
>I found that soft. eng. is actually far easy and feasible to learn at home
wtf? if you're this smart learning animation on your own should be even easier lmao.

>>18085230
>Now I want to get better an animation degree not for the degree/paper itself, but to actually get the time to learn more about it.

do it at home. animator's survival kit and practice is literally all you need. going to art school for it is 9 out of 10 times a bad idea unless it is one of the like 2-3 good animation schools in the U.S.
>>
>>18085525

Yeah.

Ah, I feel like I could learn more going to school, not specifically for the classes, but for the people and atmosphere. Am I overrating the "college experience"? I feel I've been useless this last 3 years at my current school.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.