[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lack of Arguing problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

It seems like the older I get (currently 22 atm) I don't have the energy to argue anymore, even when I am in the right.

Idk if it's the current schedule I have or if I just don't care anymore. I work weekends (9 - 5 Thurs through Sunday) at this pizza joint and I have night college classes during the week day (9 hours atm since I'm almost done).

For example, the other day my family was arguing over the fact I don't go out and socialize much and play fighting games too much. I then proceeded to tell them I was playing them to get ready for a small weekly at this bar where I could a little bit of cash and hang out with people who have the same interested later in the month. After a awkward silence, they then use another reason. This reason was because I didn't have a girlfriend that was keeping me from going out. Instead of arguing with them, I just nodded my head and said "Yeah that's probably a factor too." (Even though is really not) and changed the subject and talked about some other stuff.

Idk why but for some reason when people start to argue I just say in my head, "Who cares?" Is this normal or am I just a fucking goober?

>tl;dr At age 22 I don't have the energy to have arguments anymore. Is this normal?
>>
That's gay shit your family argues. My family debates on how our country will fall into a state of civil war. We argue on how we should best prepare ourselves.
>>
The older you get, the fewer fucks you have available to give about stupid shit.
>>
>>18085116

I feel the same, brah. I'm 22 too and I've noted that I also avoid discussions about most topics that, when I was younger, I used to be a hardcore defender or something like that.

I think it has something to do with our new perspectives of life. For me, arguing about, let's say, weed, religion, society, etc. is quite stupid now, since there'll always people in favor or not. I won't change the world, and I don't plan to.

I think is that we are settled with who and what we are. We know what suits us best, so there's no point on arguing, and just try to derail the conversation into something else.
>>
>>18085129
Yeah, and it can never be just a little argument that last an hour or two. This shits gotta be a big deal and make it last a day or two

>>18085143
That's really nice to hear, thanks! I just see arguments and I'm just thinking "Do I really want to get involved?" and most of the time is nah.
>>
>>18085157
I think that's the answer more or less. I see how stubborn people are and I know that even if I do prove them wrong (for better or worse), they are just gonna say "Fuck You" and walk away.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.