[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any tips on staying motivated on a difficult long-term goal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Hero (2002).jpg (117KB, 950x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Hero (2002).jpg
117KB, 950x1300px
Any tips on staying motivated on a difficult long-term goal?

Came back from a term abroad in China and decided to finally buckle down and learn the language due to my love for the culture & future business prospects.

I'm currently doing 2 hours a day. It's a big time commitment, and the language itself is extremely difficult and sometimes I lose the motivation to keep going, even though I *know* this is a skill I want to have for my life.

Has anyone ever undertaken a large solo project like this before? How did you stay motivated so you could see it to the end?
>>
I'm curious myself, I have dozens of projects and little dreams I'd like to fulfill but I have no discipline and give up too easily. I think the best thing you can do is make it a habit, if you incoporate something into your daily routine you kind of stop questioning why you do it. That's how it works for me at least.
>>
>>18084930
I find this easy to do for things that are kind of mindless, but for something as active as learning a language it can be really difficult
>>
>>18084898
It sounds like you're still a student. If you're in a state like California, then your university probably has a mandarin club. It helps to be around people who knows the language, and everyone loves people who are making an effort to learn their language.

After you graduate, you could become an English teacher in China. That would definitely accelerate your learning if you aren't fluent by then. I have a cousin who is doing something similar, but in S. Korea. Pay sucks, but the experience is invaluable.
>>
The only long term goal I achieved was a 2 plate bench and 3 plate squat. I know it's not insane, but I started as an 18 year old skelly, and did it in two years. I think visualization and routine were the keys. I had a specific time and specific days i went to the gym and I never missed. Every time I was in the gym I imagined myself hitting the milestone. I got closer and closer and finally achieved my goal last week. So that might be it. Look up visualization. I used to think it was some Tai Lopez bullshit, but looking back that's precisely what I did with my fitness goals, so it might work.
>>
>>18085276
I'll check this out now. Thanks

>>18085266
I have an offer from an investment bank so I'm likely to stay in that field. If I wasn't busy selling my soul I would definitely go teach
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.