[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice for getting a first job? Im 18 years old and I want to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: ksuvPc4.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
ksuvPc4.gif
1MB, 500x281px
Advice for getting a first job?
Im 18 years old and I want to get a job but I am not sure where to start

for about all my life my depression has been really hurting me for everything, and in the last few months my life has been turning around, but I am not sure what to do next

thanks
>>
Apply for a shitty government job, push hard to get. Get in the retirement program and retire early making crazy money.
>>
With the lack of job experience it's litterally just a numbers game. Apply EVERYWHERE. You will eventually get a call somewhere. Stick to entry level places, fast food, retail, etc.

I would recommend retail since I was in a similar boat to you when I got my first job at 19. I was super reclusive with a ton of social anxiety and general fear of people. I started out working on the floor just recovering the store (picking up clothes, putting up go-backs, etc.). Ocassionally, I'd have a customer ask me where the restroom was. It helped settle me down until one day we were super understaffed and busy and they NEEDED a back up cashier and there was no one else.

My heart sank because I had been working there for probably 2 months at this point and the only register experience I had was the 5 or so minutes they spent "training" me during orientation. Nevertheless, I grew a pair and nervously and incompetently rang customers out for 15 minutes.

Eventually I grew more and more accustomed to ringing people out and the anxiety started to dissipate. I finished out at the job working as a Front End supervisor (basically the lead cashier watching all of the other cashiers, managing them, handling customer service concerns and whatnot).

I fucking hated the job, but looking back it did wonders on my social anxiety.

>tl;dr: Get a job that forces you into constant social interaction and you will eventually get over and anxiety or fear you feel
>>
Put together a CV (copy an online template and be positive), apply to anything that seems interesting and you meet at least most of the requirements for, and understand that it's normal to be turned down a lot before you succeed.

Also, interview tip: in most interviews they're looking for the person they want to work with, not necessarily the most qualified person. Being friendly and polite works wonders.
>>
Become a security guard. Easiest job ever.
>>
Start with nepotism, see what your family and friends can do to get you in their work. Even if you hate it or it's boring it gets you experience.
I'd also highly recommend putting together a good CV, don't half ass it and don't list anything unnecessary as this will make your actual worthwhile talents less prominent when you write about them.
>>
Do you have a license and a vehicle? Pizza delivery really helps you come out of your shell and brings in great cash for what you do.
>>
>>18084347
>my depression
>18
>life turning around

You mean you got out of highschool which is a nightmare for everyone. Goddamnit everyone with the d word these days.

Anyway.. Apply everywhere. Mostly entry level. Might i suggest a skill trade?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.