[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

COLLEGE APPLICATION

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 379.jpg (14KB, 250x192px) Image search: [Google]
379.jpg
14KB, 250x192px
why Is it so hard to apply for college? my application didn't even REACH a college the first time, and I was stuck with no school for half a year now. now thanks to my mom and her missing tax returns I couldn't do fafsa and couldn't attend spring CUNY courses.

can an incoming freshman start in the summer???
(i think I'm fucked either way)
>>
>>18083546
bump
>>
>>18083546
bump.
>>
>>18083546
plz help I wanna attend the sane college at the same time as my gf
>>
>>18083546
>my application didn't even REACH a college the first time
Why?
>can an incoming freshman start in the summer
You can start anytime you want.
>>
>>18083657
>Picking a college because your girlfriend is going there
Boy are you gunna feel stupid in a year
>>
Summer courses are generally more intense and much shorter. And obviously do not run at the same period spring/fall does. Classes are also generally smaller, not all schools even offer a summer semester. Considering how its too late for me to transfer into a SUNY school for this fall semester, id imagine its too late for you to get in for summer. Its crunch time right now.

Regardless, you should be going down to the campus and speaking with people in the admittance office or an academic counseler if they offer that for non students.

Getting into school is ez. If you save it all for the last minute and refuse to help yourself by finding out answers on your own like an adult then yeah, itll be impossible.

No one is going to hold your hand. Also btw if you are not being claimed on your parents taxs as a dependent, then just file your fasfa with your own tax info. Youll get bank towards school.
>>
>>18083546
A lot of colleges let you apply online. If it's within an hour or two, go there and talk to the admissions office.

If you are still struggling, go to your local junior college and take 2 or 3 transferable classes. They are cheaper there and you can probably afford them.
>>
>>18083546
To answer your question:
No, there is literally nothing hard about applying for a college. A 5th grader would be able to.

Who the fuck sends a single application, with no mail verification, for an event that has certain time limits and will leave you literally useless for months if you don't make it somewhere?

That is stupid as fuck. Send a batch to 5-6 colleges next time. And send them with fucking mail verification, cmon.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-26-15-57-55.png (588KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-26-15-57-55.png
588KB, 1080x1920px
>>18083680
ironically my mom insisted on doing all of it with me. I assume it was because of the financial information, which Really frustrated me. I tried applying during January to city tech but me and my mom didn't exactly cooperate because we wanted to apply our own ways. maybe I was being an ass.
>>18083690
>>18083682
do you think they'll let me in for summer? in regards to this info?
>>18083690
>>18083662
the first time, I'm assuming it's because my application was missing it's receipt. when I found out I made that dumb decision I kid you not I wanted to run away info the woods and/or cut myself to death
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-26-15-56-29.png (376KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-26-15-56-29.png
376KB, 1080x1920px
>>18084047
forgot pic
>>
>>18084047
Community college is very easy to get into. Admission are very fast, just ask them what's required. You can call them on the phone and ask how long it takes.

If it requires transcripts or important personal documents, scan them into your cum outer for later use. If you are worried about someone hacking your personal info, encrypt the pdfs with pdf sharper or 7zip. Jobs and applications will require transcripts, letters of recommendation, standard apps etc. You should have scans of all important forms easy to get to and archived.

Where I am a college class costs about 130 bucks.
>>
>>18084068
where do you live? and you're sure kings borough will let me sign up for summer?
>>
>>18084181
I'm in California. Is that a community college? It looks like it. If they are running summer sessions I'm sure they would allow you in. Summer sign up here isn't until like may, but you can get your admissions cleared now. Some community colleges have fee waiver programs too, like grants that just waive tuition fees, it doesn't require a fasfa. In california it's called the board if governors waiver. Go to their financial aid office and ask if they have anything like that. If not, community college in general should be cheap. What classes are you trying to take?
>>
>>18084181
What city and state is that in?
>>
>>18084181
Call their financial aid office tell, them there is little chance you can pay for admissions since you are poor.

Ask about the city programs for aid.
http://www.kbcc.cuny.edu/sub-financial_aid/Pages/tap.aspx
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.