[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to help an mentally unstable, alcoholic mum?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Britfag here.

Is there anyway I can get forced support for her? She hasn't got the will power to get better on her own and needs an outside force to set her straight so she can cope without drinking and starting fights, constantly screaming etc.
>>
>>18083411
I grew up with an alcoholic mother. She wasn't abusive, though her behavior certainly wounded me both mentally and emotionally. I tried for my entire childhood to get her to stop. It wasn't until I was about 20 that I actually got her to see the damage she had caused me and it took a whole lot of tears.

What I would recommend you to do is to seek help with a psychologist. I'm not sure how it goes in other countries, but the way I did that was to get in touch with my doctor and tell him what my issue was and from there on he'll decide what is best to do. Like you said, an outside force is probably what is needed. There is only so much crying and begging you can do, and even then it may not do much as it is an addiction. She needs to be willing to stop for herself to stop, though, and if she gets professional help with it there will be someone who tells her that. I wish you the best.
>>
>>18083420
It isn't just the alcohol but her upbringing that has affected her, her parents were like this as well and it reflects on her pretty much.

I'm not sure if I can get one here that easily, I need a britfag who knows about this stuff to help me to help her.
>>
>>18083429
I'm aware that upbringing can be the cause of such things, and alcoholism can be one of the things that passes down through the family.

That seems fair, I hope someone with more experience in your country can assist you. It's tough though, since it's their life and it feels like you want to just find a solution and make it better but if they're not willing it's a shitshow and I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>18083434
Thanks for helping Howard, if I don't get anymore responses I'll try and speak to someone at the doctors about mum like you suggested.
>>
>bump

Please help, I don't want my mum to end up like her parents.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.