[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Human Niceness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: pixel_heart_by_zetype-d8hctv1.jpg (24KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
pixel_heart_by_zetype-d8hctv1.jpg
24KB, 894x894px
Can we truly make the world a better place by just being nice to each other?
>>
>>18083086
I'd like to think this is true. I know sometimes this isn't possible

I really agree with the idea that life is full of suffering, and I also agree with the idea that evil is the infliction of suffering on others unnecessarily. I try to be as kind as necessary always.
>>
>>18083086
Go fuck yourself with a 17 inch infected cactus.
>>
>>18083086
Only if being nice equals love. The best thing we can do for the world is to love ourselves and love what we are doing. From that point it's natural to share this love with other people.
>>
>>18083086
Nothing is being done with just being nice unfortunately. It can brighten up someones day, but real actions still needed and give results.
>>
>>18083086
If everyone is nicer to each other, sure. But there's no way to enforce that.

There are always going to be people who are assholes, and they're going to act like assholes towards others and make the world a worse place for everyone else, sometimes for no other reason than that they enjoy making other people unhappy.
>>
I believe so yes.

nicer to each other influences feelings which shape behaviours and habbits
>>
>>18083086
Fact is some people are lesser than others. Some people have mental deficiencies that make it so they are never nice. People always want more. The only way to live in true peace is either purge the lesser people or be robots/hivemind
>>
>>18083226
Doesn't violence cause more violence?
>>
>>18083232
Some people are naturally violent. No way to stop or fix them.
>>
>>18083226
How about understanding and acceptance? Not saying we should let the bad guys kill and cuck us, it's more about acknowledging bad things exists in the same time with good and we should choose to act accordingly to our wishes.
>>
>>18083226
Attitudes such as this alienate lesser people because they become defensive. They then find others who are like them, create a community and they will enable each other. People who think of themselves as better will do the same, the result is class divides, subcultures and extremists.

People with a combination of self compassion and good social skills/an interest in people can fit it most places and influence positive action.

Not everyone is that way though, not everyone is able to be this way.

I think social skills and empathy should be taught in schools and later down the line tools such as financial planning, motivational techniques, cultural education and philosophy as standard. Beyond nursery there's not much of an emphasis, children struggling socially should be provided with the most support and buddied with a socially competent child. All teachers should be trained with the goal of encouraging children to be the best people they can be. Teachers should be assessed on how happy and functional their children are, not by test results.

It's all totally idealistic and as you've said this could result in a hivemind mentality.

We're never going to be perfect as a species, not even close. There are no bad or good people, just positive and negative actions.
>>
>>18083285
>I think social skills and empathy should be taught in schools and later down the line tools such as financial planning, motivational techniques, cultural education and philosophy as standard.

Is this taught outside the US?
>>
>>18083290
I live in S.E. Asia, and they used to taught it here. I can confirm the way it taught is to make us behave in hivemind mentality, but in the end it results in childrens/teens finding their place/caste faster.
>>
>>18083290
I live in the UK and nothing that I listed was provided in the curriculum. There was a lesson I had in "highschool" called PSHE - personal health and social education that was provided once every two weeks and was usually about using condoms or not doing drugs. It was usually taught haphazardly by a stressed sub teacher and considered a "dossing" lesson.

Personally I come from a troubled background, I also had really shit social skills and was unable to control my emotions. I really wanted to be a good person, a likeable one, a great student but due to my emotional issues and treatment by peers and staff that was impossible for me.

There are people just born with sociopathic tendencies and there are people who are made into monsters, then there's "good people" and everything in between.

For a kid who is struggling through life, being tormented at home, having an almost family like experience at school could be life changing for them. We cannot always detect or prevent abuse of children but if school was a safe, compassionate environment it would be the safe place someone could desperately need. They could then grow into better members of society, parents who do not abuse their children because they never learnt what healthy love is.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.