[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Last stab at this - friend throwing away life with booze and drugs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (267KB, 480x527px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
267KB, 480x527px
Alright, so my friend of 20 years is a (now almost formerly) beautiful girl with a ton of intelligence that is throwing her life away. She was prom queen, campus heartthrob, went to an Ivy League school, and was making about $150,000 a year, until everything came crashing down around last October.

She always had alcohol problems, and dabbled in drugs, but she was functional and kept her responsibilities up. Well, she lost her job, and in the same timeframe, her boyfriend (who is 52) dumped her.

She's gone into a hardcore downward spiral. She spends almost every day at the same three dive bars, drinking herself into oblivion with her "friend" (drug dealer), taking pills and getting to the point where the bartender has to get her a ride home. Three of these bartenders have personally contacted me because they're concerned about her wellbeing. Not only does she look sick, but she's letting fat, drunk old men touch her and slip her shit, going home with randoms, forgetting to pay, and all of this shit.

She's not responsive to anyone that isn't totally enabling her - her parents, her ex, me, her old group of friends that are actually her age, no one gets an answer via text or phone for days on end, and her car is always in front of the bar whether she's there or not. I occasionally get to see her, but it's only when I slip into that dive bar and spend time with her and her dealer - and even then, there's an insistence that she doesn't have a problem and she refuses to speak to anyone that shows any concern, literally running away immediately.

Is there ANYTHING I can do here? I drink too much myself, but this is ridiculous. She won't talk to her family at all. Skipped her niece's birth to stay at the bar.
>>
>>18082876
She needs an intervention and rehab, old-fashioned style
>>
File: 1487718586125-pol.jpg (134KB, 500x880px) Image search: [Google]
1487718586125-pol.jpg
134KB, 500x880px
Let her destroy herself. It's what she deserves.
>>
>>18082882

I agree with this... It's just, we can't reliably get her to show up anywhere. It was one of our closest friend's birthdays on Thursday, at a bar, she RSVP'd weeks in advance, and at 6:30 in the evening finally let us know she wasn't coming because she'd been throwing up in the toilet all day.

All I can really think of is a group of us getting together and going from bar to bar until we can finally corner her, but she'd probably just push past us, run away, and never talk to any of us again.
>>
>>18082919
If she won't come quietly, then it'll take something traumatic like an opioid overdose desu
>>
>>18082897

Also, this might be trolling, but I wish she would just hit rock bottom so she could get back on the road to recovery. My worry is that rock bottom is going to be her choked to death by one of these lecherous old dudes in the bar.
>>
>>18082876
You can't make someone not be self-destructive. You could try to get her and her dealer boyfriend busted if you happen to know he's usually holding. You could try to get a psych hold if you think she's basically trying to kill herself (which honestly it sounds like).

Honestly though, when someone is determined to flush themselves down the toilet, instead of driving yourself crazy over it, it might be better for you to just not stick around to watch.
>>
>>18082919
>we can't reliably get her to show up anywhere
Yes you can. Get the bartender in on it.
>>
>>18083024

Her dealer is a chick, but I guess that's neither here nor there.

>>18083040
Kinda hard to get a group of people together and just wait for the signal, especially for people with jobs and kids. There's multiple bars she goes to.

Also I don't think the bartender likes her enough to run off her regulars with an intervention going down in the bar.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.