[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unwittingly do creepy shit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (56KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 600x600px
Im a 21 year old aspie, consistently told im handsome, but also told im creepy for reasons that always seem to me to be ridiculously picky. For example, i was talking to a girl i met on tinder and she mentioned her hobby was swing dance. I thought that sounded quite fun and so I told her "cool, maybe i should try that." She later told me she found that response to be vaguely creepy and almost decided to cut me off afterward because of it.

Other times girls have considered me this way have come down to the way ive tried to merely make eye contact for too long in passing or some other meticulous bullshit. I do understand that such presumptions are very real, as i seem to have reasonably good traits overall, but the only girls that talk to me for any length of time are always the type that are too ugly to have any standards.

How can i help myself? And yes, I have tried informing people of my condition. Sometimes helps but not consistently.
>>
i can kinda relate... im an attractive girl but lack any decent friendships because i come off as painfully weird. i never know what to say in social situations so when i do say something people usually just look at me weird and carry on doing whatever they were doing. what i've done recently to combat this is just not talking around people. the only time i can kinda open up and not worry about saying weird shit/doing weird shit is when i'm drunk so therefore ill never hang out with someone if there isn't alcohol and if there isn't then i'll bring xanax so i'm not as stiff and awkward. kinda sad but i also really don't know how to properly combat this.
>>
>>18082181

you're probably not actually handsome. considering they used the word 'handsome' they are trying not to say cute, sexy, hot, or even attractive.

handsome is an ugly man in a suit. its what we tell uggos who wear fedoras.
>>
What might work is committing the mannerisms of someone successful to memory. Avoid doing what others in a group aren't. However, avoid imitating what or how a single person does anything; if they pick up on it there could be trouble.
>>
>>18082181
That doesn't sound creepy. You need to give more detail - some women throw around the word too liberally, it might not describe you.
>>
I think you just have a problem with being narcissistic, here's your reply since you like attention.
>>
>>18082181
If you are in fact on the spectrum and not just tossing the term around loosely, then it is true that one of the hardest things for you is reading other people's moods and non-verbal signals. You may just have to learn by trial and error, determining not to make the same mistake twice.

In the swing dance example, I would guess that it was not that one response that scared her off, but what came before in the conversation. You may have been too eagerly agreeing with everything she said or expressing too much enthusiasm over everything, so that this was just one too many.

In the old proverb the straw that broke the camel's back was just a straw, but it was piled on too much other weight and was just that one bit too much.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.