[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Having a 'normal' life after abuse.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: hang in there.jpg (70KB, 500x692px) Image search: [Google]
hang in there.jpg
70KB, 500x692px
As a child I was abused, a lot. I've been in therapy for years, and I'm past the point of being ashamed of my past and past the point of wanting to kill myself, and am out of my bad situation. I'm looking at myself now though, and wonder if it's possible to have normal relationships with people, or if the best I can hope for is to put distance between myself and my past. Is it even possible to be normal, if I've never been it? Is it possible for me to be 'normal', or is it only possible for me to be 'normal for me'?

How can I know when I'm 'eady to have friends? Do I just need more therapy, and some day it'll suddenly become obvious. How about romantic relationships? As someone who has the past that I do, should I try for something like that?
>>
Just stop worrying about it. I stuck my dick in a fleshlight that was connected to a blender when I was younger and you don't see me whining about it. Living alone isn't so bad.
>>
>>18081777
If the best I can hope for is to stay how I am now, forever, then it's time to check out. The only value life has had for me in a long time is that it's possible for it to get better.
>>
When you can cope, then you are fine. If you don't have to repress it to function, and it is not on your mind constantly, then you are fine.
Being fine and being unaffected are not the same. You will never be unaffected. Do not let the knowledge of that fact control your actions and choices.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.