[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starve, binge, starve. Stop?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2017-02-25-19-36-23.jpg (10KB, 212x208px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-25-19-36-23.jpg
10KB, 212x208px
If this triggers you, stop reading please. I don't encourage what I'm doing at all.

Dear 4chan,
I've been on this same fucking cycle for the past two months. I haven't lost or gained a single pound. I starve for two days, and on the third day, no matter what, I binge.

This morning, I had problems standing up without getting dizzy, so I drank a bottle of water and ate a small apple to sustain myself.

But, thirty minutes ago, I binged on 4 pieces of small pizza, 4 microwaveable egg rolls, and a box of Chinese takeout. I also drank chemicals (diet soda).

I feel like just letting myself go, because it's 'impossible'. I know it isn't, because other people achieved it. So why can't I? Because I'm too weak willed?

I don't know what to do anymore.

Can anyone tell me how to stop a binge head-on?
>>
is this your diet plan?
you need to eat substantial meals at regular times and get some exercise
there's no point to simply not eating
>>
>>18081611
Sounds like you have low blood sugar levels.
This is a bad idea.

If you really think you food is the problem, have yourself a big breakfast, and average lunch and a small dinner. And get yourself some exercise.

Going about it how you are is almost certainly going to destroy your health
>>
>If this triggers you
Honey this is 4chan, not tumblr. We're good.

>weak willed
Yes.
You gotta train it. It took me some time too, and if you fail to maintain, you lose it.

Around may of last year I had a good rhythm going. I was alternating days of fasting and >500 calories. Over that summer, I binged too much because I was at home and my parents were getting suspicious.
Then when I got back to school, I found I couldn't fast anymore.
I'm almost back to that point again, but not quite. Once you build your strength to resist, don't lose it.
When you start eating is when you get in to dangerous territory, because thats when your will is going to be tested.

What I started doing was daily grocery shopping. I only bought what I was gonna eat that day. When I ate it, there was nothing else in the house to eat, and it's far easier to will yourself not to get up and go to the store or to call for take out than it is to will yourself not to eat food that is right in front of you.

I also started drinking a fuck ton of water right before eating. Just fill the shit out of your stomach with water first, so when you eat the food you feel like "I'm gonna throw up full".

It'll slow you down at least. Try not to pee until you've really put the food down.
>>
>>18081722
Oh and while training that will, if you do slip up and binge, get that fat ass to the gym or out for a run. That's your punishment.
Today was supposed to be one of my low days, then I fucked up and had some oatmeal this morning. So I got my ass on the treadmill and worked off every calorie I ate, and then some.
>>
>>18081611
Schedule and pre-plan your meals. Follow that schedule like it is your new religion.

After a month or so you'll have some idea if your food plan is adequate or not, whether you need more or less to maintain weight.

Add in moderate exercise and adjust your caloric intake to compensate for that.

You already know you're capable of the discipline needed to withhold food entirely. What you need to do is apply that discipline to not binging and behaving in moderation.
>>
I might be able to help, I had this problem for a really long time. The first thing I would say is set up an account on a calorie tracking app/ website. Personally I like MyFitnessPal since it has a big database, but I know some government sites have them too. Figure out how many calories you should be eating, factoring in if you do sports or have an active job. Also figure out the amount of fat/carbs/protein you'll need.

This will be hard, but for the first month or so don't try to lose weight. At this point, if you try to diet you'll probably fall back in to the cycle. Your goal for now is to get used to eating normally. Try to eat at normal meal times. Do what's best for you. I don't think you have to eat the same calories at every meal or snack, but eating 200 calories for breakfast can tempt your body to binge later in the day.

Once you figure out eating on a more regular schedule, you can start to re-learn how to eat intuitively. Feel free to keep on tracking your calories, but this wasn't necessary for me. This was the part where I struggled the most. I had to realize that eating a giant meal or having pizza didn't mean I had ruined everything, and I may as well binge. We all have times when we overeat. The difference is that you can compensate by eating healthy the other 90% of the time, instead of fasting or under eating which only makes your body stress out and crave more.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.