[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 24, and my parents are giving me an ultimatum. I paused

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1486905320942.png (235KB, 667x666px) Image search: [Google]
1486905320942.png
235KB, 667x666px
I'm 24, and my parents are giving me an ultimatum. I paused my studies because I ended hating the path I was taking, and I don't have a solid job (I work as a freelance, but this is not enough to be independent).

The point is that I don't really know what to do with my life. I like lots of different careers, but all of them are too expensive for me right now. I must get a job, necessarily, but things are pretty fucked here. I also considered the possibility of working abroad, but it's not going to happen soon.

Anybody else in this situation? Advices?
>>
>>18081152
24 is way too old to be living like that, what have you been doing your whole life?
>>
>>18081152
Get a job in the service sector doing some kind of menial work for basic pay. Save up money and research different majors and job types (you don't have to go to college but it may help the decision making process). After this, begin researching the processes needed to work abroad and make it happen.

You're in a rut right now but you'll be okay.
>>
Join the army, I guess.
>>
Get a shitty job that pays to move out.
Work your life from there.
24 is too old to still be living at your parents if you aren't studying/saving for the future.
>>
>>18081251
tfw last year of studies and not sure if I'll be able to support myself
what doo?
t. not OP
I have some decent savings though
>>
File: 1487495613180s.jpg (8KB, 207x250px) Image search: [Google]
1487495613180s.jpg
8KB, 207x250px
>>18081152
Start a buisness

Trade school

But really you should start a buisness. College is kikery to the max unless you are smart and competitive enough to become a doctor or lawyer which many people on this site are not cut out for, myself included.
>>
File: 62968-primary-0-740x560.jpg (72KB, 408x560px) Image search: [Google]
62968-primary-0-740x560.jpg
72KB, 408x560px
Also, lift
>>
>>18082523
This
But don't let anon fool you into thinking intelligence is a set factor. Learning more only increases intelligence. But in saying that uni/collage doesn't teach you shit that you can't learn on your own.
For example I have mate going g to uni for IT and from our time at tafe(barely above what you can learn in highschool) believes I could easily out do the uni students. Only using python for coding. If you don't know what that is, basically pre written code allowing you to just out in variable's
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.