[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Anti-Virus Software

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: pi.gif (8KB, 250x262px) Image search: [Google]
pi.gif
8KB, 250x262px
I'm running Windows 10 on two different computers and would love to know what the best Anti-Virus software I can get is. Also, the second computer is with my partner in a different state, so can I share the pass key with them or do I need to buy a separate version?
>>
>>18080461
bumping hopefully someone answers....
>>
The best anti-virus is to not get viruses in the first place.

Where are you going and what are you doing that you have to worry about viruses?
>>
>>18080502
I am an indepentdant writer, so sometimes I need to go into areas of the web I wouldn't normally. As far my partner, they are in the military, and our computers share files so the fear there is they get a virus from my research.
>>
>>18080518

Not how it works.

In order for you to get a virus you need to download one. Let's say you go to a website and you're looking for a PDF. There are two links to download what you think is the PDF but it turns out that one is actually an advertisement. If you click that ad and continue on that secondary page you're more than likely gonna get a virus by clicking on random shit. Avoid downloading .exe files when you don't know the source of them.

I haven't used an anti virus in over 10 years and I haven't gotten one yet.

As a side note; windows 10 isn't all that good. It hogs your systems resources even while idling.
>>
>>18080518
You could run a virtual box, with just a free anti-virus, decent firewall, some strict settings, and perhaps drive encryption. The problem with that is that if you bridge the connections on the virtual machine, then your shared folders will be exposed again. So you'd need a pfSense machine running anti-virus and anti-malware right at the access point, or buy another adapter to dedicate to the virtual machine.

I mean, it depends how deep the security hole you want to go down. Not getting viruses is easy. Not getting attacked is another story.

If security isn't just some afterthought, and you legitimately need to keep people out of your shit, then you're going to need a real solution, not a fly-swatter.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.