[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I only dated this girl for a few weeks so why does this shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (138KB, 484x363px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
138KB, 484x363px
I only dated this girl for a few weeks so why does this shit hurt so bad when she said she just wanted to be friends?

Why do I feel like I'm such emotionally dependent when I've just been single for 8 years?
>>
>>18080250
It's always disappointing when something that has promise doesn't work out. That you've been single for so long and are trying to change that, maybe it's like "this has been my only chance in 8 years".

If you know you're looking for a relationship, it's worth continuing to try to meet people to find someone.
>>
>>18080290
Well I hadn't started looking for someone until recently since I've been extremely fat and thought I could just be alone my entire life. Anyway, I changed all this and met this girl at a christmas party and we hit it off. Few weeks with things going smooth and then she wants to be friends.

I am already on the lookout again, but I'm a bit surprised to my reaction since I've just known her for a few weeks.

The logical part of me is saying to get over it and that there's plenty of other people out there but it doesn't help sadly.
>>
I went through a similar thing but it was more of a slow simmer over some months, then some sudden attraction and a night of regretful drunk sex about a week ago. I still crave her and the pain of rejection is kind of raw but I've been in this place before and I've found that just letting yourself grieve and process it (while keeping perspective that you will get over her eventually) is the best way to go. If you try to invalidate your own emotions vis a vis just "being a man" or trying to get over it prematurely you're just going to draw out the process and cause other problems. When you're alone or in the company of trusted confidants let yourself feel. Pray, cry, be angry if you need to. Also it's important to keep in mind that you WILL meet other women, that she is not perfect or irreplaceable and that you are valuable as a person despite being rejected. Use the pain to keep calibrating yourself. Double down on your fitness, career progression, spending good times with your friends and loved ones, doing things to further your goals and purpose in life.

>In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
1 Peter 1:6–9
>>
>>18080361
>Double down on your fitness, career progression, spending good times with your friends and loved ones, doing things to further your goals and purpose in life.

The problem is, I think this encounter has made me realize that it's a relationship that I'm missing, and I guess the feeling of losing what little I had.

Although I cannot help myself, I had already pictured me moving in with this girl, which I know is borderline psychotic. So I guess I only have my self to blame for too high expectations.

My problem is now, I don't really know how people meet, other than Tinder. And I'm not really the biggest fan of Tinder.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.