[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tips on getting a part-time retail job?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: RussianCutie.png (414KB, 710x411px) Image search: [Google]
RussianCutie.png
414KB, 710x411px
Okay, this might sound like a stupid question but I think I am legitimately on the spectrum. I moved out of my parents house when I got my GED. I look like your average 20 year old, but I have never worked in a day of my life. I didn't grow up very affluent, but we weren't below the poverty line either.

I've applied to a total of 11 jobs in a five mile radius from my apartment, and I have gotten exactly 0 emails or phonecalls back. Can /adv/ share their wisdom with me? I'm just trying to get a job to put some food on the table for myself and save up money for a beater (car).

> btw I have only applied for jobs online, as I don't have any friends here to refer me to any places
>>
>>18080052

What's got me jobs that I've nowhere neared qualified for in the past was simply going in and introducing myself to the manager. He's not there? Find out when he's going to be there, and be there.

I feel the same way about myself as well, jobs, put me so far beyond my comfort zone that I legitimately feel like puking before I meet up. You and I boss, we're kinda fucked. Life is more difficult for us, but we gotta fucking clutch it otherwise we will end up in a position infinitely worse than where we are now.

Bear down, and tackle the situation. Meet the manager, get that fucking job.
>>
>>18080061
Hey, thanks for the response. I appreciate it.

> find and talk to the manager
Ah, I had no idea that this was a thing. Another question...

I applied for a few more jobs today, and I'm not expecting any phonecalls back desu. Should I just show up, say... in a few days, and ask to speak with the manager for the position that I applied to?

For instance,
> applied to Walmart today (for the second time)
> ....not expecting anything....
> show up to Walmart, and ask to speak with manager
What exactly do I say to the manager?
> "Hey, I applied for a position here again...?" Yada yada yada...
I have no idea what to say desu.
>>
>>18080066

I posted something in another thread about the importance of not analyzing things. Don't analyze, that's an issue this board shares. Just go man, just apply yourself.

"Hey can I speak to the manager"
"Hey I'm the manager"
"I applied here a couple days ago, I was wondering if that position was filled or maybe you could fill me in a bit more on what the position entails?"

Trust me I don't think of this shit on the spot, and am more aspie than I'd like to admit. Just be there man, apply your physical self. Get out of your mind. Stop analyzing.
>>
>>18080074
Thanks anon, good tips. I'll try to do this in a few days.
>>
Not OP but there is good advice in this thread thanks anons
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.