[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, do any of you guys specialize in a particular trade?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

Hey /adv/, do any of you guys specialize in a particular trade? What do you do? do you like it and is it hard finding work? I'm interested in learning one, carpentry sounds pretty comfy, but being an electrician seems to rake in more money.. What are your guy's thoughts?
>>
anyone?
>>
I'm a cook.

I could be a chef right now but I have no motivation. Like literally all I had to do was say some words to my boss and sign some papers and I could have been a certified chef.

Anyways I enjoy the work and its easy as shit to find a job since there are hardly any qualified cooks.

In fact I just a couple months ago I got off work and walked over to a different restaurant where some family was having dinner and I still had my chef jacket on.

The waiter literally offered me a job right there because they just hired a guy and it was his first day but he didn't show up because he had a headache.

I could have said yes and would probably be making 3x as much as I am now but again no motivation and I would have more hours.
>>
I work in electronic trading
>>
>>18079340
Well yeah, electricians can make money, but a lot of the jobs are union, and being low man on the union totem pole can be a bitch.

It's like anything else though. If you're good at what you do and you're willing to hustle to find work, chance are that you'll be able to find work.
>>
With any trade you can make a ton of money if you're good and enjoy it.
Nearly all trades require you to be good at math and retain the knowledge you get from trade school.
If you're going into a trade for 'easy money' you might have a hard time getting it done.
If you want to get into construction, try become a labourer first to get a feel for the industry.
>>
File: 5f9c0220fd4a6ab8e614f0cbc69c313a.png (184KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
5f9c0220fd4a6ab8e614f0cbc69c313a.png
184KB, 1024x1024px
>>18079340
I am a graphic designer.

It's a very comfy job which pays well, but it also demands a very good concentration, imagination and lots of technical knowhow about preparing files for print, color theory, typography etc.

One downside is that your clients have lot of power over you and they often tend to trash perfectly good designs since they had something else in mind and do not have artistic vision, and when this happens, you have to comply

Upside is that there is an increasing demand for graphic designers, and it's a growing market. Although it's really hard to find a job in this field because of high competition, it is still possible if you have good, diverse qualifications and once you do, it's like getting a winning lottery ticket.

I have worked in a factory doing mostly manual labor as a summer job few years back, and it was a very soul-crushing, stressful environment. Graphic design, on the other hand, is much more humane and usually doesn't get stressful at all if you manage to complete the deadlines for works (if you don't, the clients get triggered as fuck and I have even gotten yelled at when I fell behind the schedule one time)
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.