[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just lost my girlfriend / fiancee of 7 years.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: gameover.gif (577KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
gameover.gif
577KB, 500x498px
I just lost my fiancee. We had been together for 7 years and gotten engaged recently. I'll green text the happenings.
>We met as high school freshmen
>We were both in love with each other as soon as we talked for the first time
>For the last 7 years we rarely ever fought over anything and I never treated her like shit
>Never hit her. Never yelled at her. Never cheated on her.
>We had great chemistry when we talked and the love making was great
>We get engaged on Valentine's day
>Everything keeps going the way it has been: amazing
>Fast forward to a few days ago
>We have an argument through text over something pointless like politics
>All good a normal debate
>After this debate she does something unexpected. Asks for "some space"
>Don't message her for 3 days
>She went to see her friends
>While there she calls me
>Says she loved me in HS but stopped loving me after a couple of years
>She says she only said yes to the engagement to make me happy
>Says I don't make her happy anymore
>She doesn't want to see me for a long time, says we can possibly be friends in the future
>Ask if she even wanted a relationship at all and why she lied to me
>She said she wanted to make me happy, but she wasn't happy
>Only stayed because she was worried about me doing something stupid if we broke up
>Says she never wanted to get married and doesn't see herself wanting a relationship with anyone for the rest of her life
Is this it? Is there no hope left for us? She was my first girlfriend, we stayed together for 7 years which is longer than anyone else who met in the same High School. Should I just give up or play it cool and wait to see if she will change her mind? I'm not the type of guy who will probably ever get a girl like that again. And the scariest part was it didn't even seem like it was that hard for her to drop me, while I could barely speak from crying so hard. She said the only reason she didn't tell me in person was because it would be impossible for her to face me in tears.
>>
She stopped loving you. Do you really think there's a chance of you getting back together?
>>
File: space.jpg (54KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
space.jpg
54KB, 750x750px
>>18079229
>Asks for "some space"

kerk, move on dude.
>>
You went 7 years without tying the knot? If course this was going to happen.
>>
>>18079233
The only reason I think we have a chance is because the same thing happened to my brother and his girl, and to my mother and my father. Specifically, my mom had been with my dad for years and had gotten married after high school and had my brother. The she confessed she didn't love him anymore and left against his wishes because he knew he still loved her. Then 3 months later she came back to him because she said she was being stupid for leaving him and to think that all those years were for nothing and now they've been married about 30 years.
>>18079255
We got engaged last year. To be honest though, I think I knew deep down she didn't want to get married, which she did tell me. I told her we didn't have to but of course that didn't help.
>>
so she spend 5 years pretending to love you? what a jerk, she should have dump you sooner
>>
She'll be back.

But she'll be freshly fucked too.

Watch the movie swingers
>>
sounds like ya'll are still young and she's wanting to discover herself. Take this an a silver lining to find yourself as well.

You may never look at her the same, she may become a huge slut, she may just isolate herself and get fat, or worse get pregnant. You may get fat and do nothing with your life, or accidentally knock some chick up.

So is life. Take this as an opportunity to find more meaning to your life. Pick up a hobby, go for hikes, rob a bank; I don't care, but this can be a positive if you see it as such. Hurts now and will probably cross your mind if the future but it's a lesson you both need to learn.
>>
>>18079229
>>For the last 7 years we rarely ever fought over anything and I never treated her like shit

Well there is your problem. Absolutely NO relationship is without disagreement or serious arguments. There are problems in your relationship worth fighting over, but neither of you has confronted them enough to get into a fight. So, the problems build to a point where breaking up is easier than hashing it out..
>>
>>18079394
>>18079400
This
You proposed and it made her realize she can no longer gobble cock. Cue internal meltdown
>>
>>18079229
Maybe its not your fault, or maybe it is, she didnt tell you what was making her unhappy, sometimes we stay with the person because it is convenient for us, but when we begin to have a different ideal of life, we are no longer comfortable with the person. Maybe you have something she thinks she cant bear for the rest of her life... But youre gonna see, its the ebst for both of you, imagine if you get married and discovered that it was not what you wanted for your life...
>>
Protip for everyone:

Never arguing in a relationship is a BAD sign.
>>
>>18079443
Never seen my parents argue in 25 years. I don't really argue with my friends, why would I argue with my gf.
>>
op it'll be tough but you'll move on in time

sounds like she was in the relationship for the hell of it and never intended to get married or wasnt sure what she wanted.

I was in a 4 yr relationship, we were to get married. alas, it was not meant to be...over a year later and I'm still learning how to be alone. the toughest part is not waking up next to someone but just stay busy and try to move on. If you are susceptible to depression get another girl quick, hell it might even make her realize she dun fucked up. At least hang out with lots of girls, it'll make ya feel a lot better
>>
>>18079400
>rob a bank
Terrible idea. Assuming you have a crew you'll only get around $1500 because you'll only be able to grab what's in the registers, especially since you need to get out quickly. Robbing an armored car not only has a lower chance of getting caught, but a higher payout.
>>
>>18079520

>t.autism
>>
>>18079546
Yeah, probably.
>>
>>18079546
Austim will get you rich.
>>
>>18079229
I am a woman in a relationship of 6 years and we are going to get married in May. Honestly, I get where she's coming from. She loves you and this hurts her as well, but its not fair to you or her for her to stay just because you both put in the time. She's been thinking about doing this for a long time, better to get out now.
>>
>>18079616
Meaning, get out before expensive divorce and try to meet new people as a divorcee.
>>
>>18079255
Not necessarily relevant. David Letterman dated his (eventual) wife for 10 years before asking her to marry him.
>>
>>18079229
be thankful you found out now, before you were actually married and had children. she doesn't sound like a catch, you deserve better my friend.

if you take her back, talk to her further, friendzone yourself, beg her to take you back, etc., you are the worst.
>>
File: 1476148979122.png (67KB, 228x228px) Image search: [Google]
1476148979122.png
67KB, 228x228px
>>18079229
>We were 14 and in "love"
My sides.
>>
>>18079255
I've been with my boyfriend for 9 years and we aren't engaged or anything.
I don't see the point in getting married because right now nothing would be different than what it is now, it'd be just a title. We'll get married right before having kids.
My parents did the same too.
>>
I was in a 2 year relationship with a girl, took her virginity.

She was most based won't cheat ect.

BUT women are only human. I loved her but personally I was sad.

because I knew that she was wife material but eventually I'd want to have sex with more than one fucking person in my life.

Human nature, I was the reason we broke up but I'm not fucking happy about it either.
>>
>>18079753
>>18079229
dude didn't even realize this, you're fucking 21?!?!?! and bitching about this shit?!?!?!?! that changes a lot man a 7 year relationship in your teens is very different than in your 20s or 30s.

you gotta grow up the hard way bro. accept it, learn from it, move on.
>>
>>18079759
I remember every night before our lease ran out, for a good month I held her as she cried every night because she knew I was leaving.
>>
>>18079759
Well, there are some tax benefits to being married.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.