[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>leaving class >see girl with a big spiked mohawk (think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: img_6998.jpg (915KB, 2504x1669px) Image search: [Google]
img_6998.jpg
915KB, 2504x1669px
>leaving class
>see girl with a big spiked mohawk (think pic related but with hair still on the side) and a jacket with a bunch of punk and metal patches on her jacket
>spend almost a month trying to think of the best way to talk to her
>don't have any classes with her and from asking around she doesn't go out much
>see her in the hall yesterday
>decide fuck it and go to talk to her
>as im getting up to her i realize i have no fucking clue what to say
>she notices i was coming up to talk to her and looks a bit worried
>"uh hey, i just wanted to ask where you got all the patches on your jacket..."
>she seems to relax a little bit and tells me she got them at record shops and even made some of them
>we talk about how expensive band merch is online and how little there is to do out here in bumblefuck nowhere
>were walking towards the school door and my ride is at the other exit
>"hey i have to go my friend waiting at the other exit. my name is *anon*"
>reach out to shake her hand
>she gives me her name but doesn't shake my hand at first
> i start to pull my hand away and then she reaches out to shake my hand
>most awkward handshake of my life
>we go separate ways

i think it went ok and she seemed nice enough to me.
but the handshake was a bit odd

what could i have done better?
>>
>>18079014
>what could i have done better?

You could have done better by not asking yourself that question.
>>
>>18079014
Not approach strangers out of the blue.
>>
File: 1482968094286.jpg (64KB, 850x531px) Image search: [Google]
1482968094286.jpg
64KB, 850x531px
>>18079034
Disregard that.
>>18079014
People who look like that want to be approached by people with similar interests. Next, ask her to go to a party with you, or angle your way into one of hers. You did real good, anon, here's a plant.
>>
File: Blowfish-Or-Puffer-Fish-lrg.jpg (248KB, 1200x797px) Image search: [Google]
Blowfish-Or-Puffer-Fish-lrg.jpg
248KB, 1200x797px
>>18079014
>see girl with a big spiked mohawk

Certain creatures display signals as a warning to stay away.
>>
>>18079031
>not asking yourself that question.
why, is improvement bad?

>>18079034
but we talked. yeah she seemed nervous at first but she seemed ok once we talked for a bit

>>18079043
thanks anon, im not sure about the party thing though.

like i said i asked around about her and a lot of people said they don't see her outside of school much and some even made fun of her over her hair and how "she glares at people"
>>
>>18079055
Yeah, she's probably pissed that she has to be among NORMIES all fucking day.
>>
>>18079014
>what could i have done better?

Not care so much how it goes. Look, there's someone you want to talk to, just go talk to them. Shouldn't take a month to screw up the courage to open your mouth because you're worried about searching for the "right" thing to say.

As you say... It went ok and she seemed nice enough. So what if the handshake was odd, that doesn't mean anything.

Did you like talking to her? Then go do it again. Do you have some goal in mind in talking to her aside from "hey she looks interesting to talk to"? Like you want to ask her out on a date? Then do that.

>>18079034
Because the only time anyone should ever talk to strangers is on the internet while hiding behind anonymity?
>>
File: 93930311.jpg (5KB, 236x285px) Image search: [Google]
93930311.jpg
5KB, 236x285px
she probably wears that mohawk as a facade to push away people, she was hurt along time ago and can no longer open up to people, so she passes off social interactions and just wants to go home and dream about a better life

that's where you come in, that handshake was the defining moment of her life, the first moment when she met anon. the next time you see her, smile, grab her hand, and go on an adventure!
>>
You sound nervous, and that's ok
Don't read too much into it, the handshake is cute. It makes you memorable, like I would remember that, so yeah. Just talk to her again. Can't hurt to try, right? You want to talk to this girl so just try it and see what happens. Have some faith in yourself anon.
You didn't do anything wrong, you're just introducing yourself to a stranger, so ease up on yourself ok? Don't over-analyze things, you don't know each other, be as genuine as you can
>>
File: 1416525976821.png (65KB, 338x430px) Image search: [Google]
1416525976821.png
65KB, 338x430px
>>18079063
i would like to get to know her first before trying to date her

>>18079066
i don't know how accurate this is but made me feel none the less

>be as genuine as you can
so openly embrace being a shitposting weirdo that jerks off to anime and reeks like cigarettes
>>
File: eaZrosc.png (363KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
eaZrosc.png
363KB, 5000x5000px
>>18079085
yes, you'd be surprised at how many weird couples I see

my ex-gf had a bf who was into loli hentai, and she knew and laughed about it, and if you saw her as a random person, you wouldn't even think she'd know what hentai was

so just be yourself, memes aside
>>
>>18079063
>Because the only time anyone should ever talk to strangers is on the internet while hiding behind anonymity?

They're called social situations a.k.a. "not walking down the hallway when people are just trying to get somewhere and minding their business."

If it were a party or something it would be expected to walk up to new people and engage them in full blown conversation, but it wasn't. A little offhand comment in passing about how you like her patches? Fine. But this approach was a little weird, and it went the way it did because they both knew it.
>>
"Connection error." x5

>so openly embrace being a shitposting weirdo that jerks off to anime and reeks like cigarettes
Quit smoking if it bothers you so much, you know what I mean by "be as genuine as you can". If you reek of cigarettes and jerk off to anime then either clean up or continue doing what you're doing. Sorry I'm not trying to be mean.
Look, there is nothing wrong with trying ok? You've got nothing to lose by just talking to her. She might be looking for you, who knows? Maybe you have cigarettes and anime in common? And you want to get to know her right? Well you won't know until you try

gtg so best of luck anon, just try, thats the most difficult step. So go talk, you've got nothing to lose. Sorry if my advice is shit
>>
>>18079085
>i would like to get to know her first before trying to date her

I think you do not understand the point of dating. As in going on "dates" -- that is, spending time in an activity with someone. It's to get to know them better. A big part of the reason to date someone is to decide whether or not you want to try having a romantic relationship.

Asking her on a date doesn't mean you're asking "hey, want to be my girlfriend" or that you are "dating" in the sense of "in a romantic relationship, but not engaged or married".

You don't have to label it as "going on a date" for that to be what you're doing.

But hey, I have no clue what you're actually going for here buddy, but I suggest you think about it.

>>18079160
You sound like you're driven by fear and insecurity. Sorry man. If you ever grow some balls and have the confidence to think it's ok to find value in and act for what you want, you'll understand.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-24-22-00-18.png (956KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-24-22-00-18.png
956KB, 1440x2560px
>tfw no crusty metalpunk gf
captcha related
>>
>>18079161
>"Connection error." x5

If you're using an adblocker you may want to whitelist /adv/ since "adv" can be short for advertisement.
>>
>>18079305
>You sound like you're driven by fear and insecurity. Sorry man. If you ever grow some balls and have the confidence to think it's ok to find value in and act for what you want, you'll understand.

Actually it's just basis social skills and having any appreciation for the fact that just because you want to do something that doesn't automatically make it appropriate.

You sound like one of those tone deaf guys at the gym trying to start a conversation with the hot girl in the gym even though she's in the middle of running on the treadmill and wearing headphones.
>>
>>18079034
t. insecure virgin
>>> /r9k/
>>
Assume for a second that I am incredibly knowledgeable about the inner workings of a persons mind, and that I could tell you OP just how to succeed in your relationship endeavors. I'm going to do that in two words.

Ready?

Stop analyzing.
>>
>Mohawk
Should of asked her why her father didn't love her. And offer to provide the male attention she so desperately craves.
>>
>>18080058
nice assumptions there buddy
>>
>>18079014
what does she do when riding in a car?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.