[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Confused about the vibe I give off

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

So I have no idea why but people think im a lazy shitty worker. Like I dont work with any of my friends and they just see me as a lazy guy. Like they said last night they wouldnt trust me to work at their store they work at since I seem like a lazy and slow working who doesnt work hard. That isnt true at all but I guess im giving off a vibe that im lazy? I asked why and they made a joke like something stupid that made no sense about the situation. I was serious because I just dont get why I have that vibe. Like if something serious happens im the last person on anyones mind to help and I want to help I want to do extra things wherever and learn and no one lets me because they just think ill either fuck it up or just be a lazy piece of shit. This comes from people who know me personally all the way to people I barely know. What can I do to reflect that i'm a responsible hard working guy who can be trusted with things?
>>
>>18078901
Bump because this is kinda concerning for me
>>
People have the same impression of me. I think it's partly cuz I always have a relaxed, daydreamy look on my face. Also when I work I'm efficient and make things look easy, rather than struggle and swear like others. Maybe your friends and others are secretly jealous of the aura you give off and wish they had it themselves.
>>
>>18079100
No I know they aren't jealous of it, they seriously just see me as someone who can't be in control of anything and will not take it seriously. I think its because I said at work im making 9 an hour so I dont go crazy hard everyday, only when I have to but I dont have to alot. I was saying how if needed I work super hard but not gonna waste energy to make 9 bucks an hour in a workplace I cant move up in and they dont appreciate me at all. Maybe that is why but I have no idea. Its kinda demoralizing because a girl in my friend group was texting me and said she wouldnt let me work at her dads market because I don't seem like I have good manners for public, or dont seem like a hardworker even though she never has seen me work before. The way I act with friends and the way I act with random customers are two different worlds but I guess she doesnt see me as that. Kinda hurt honestly. I really wanna change how others see me because I feel like I wont get far in life if people just don't trust me at all or thing im a horrible person just because I act different with my friends.
>>
>>18078901
It really sucks when people get sych a warped impression of your personality and you dont know how to fix it. For some reason people think I am some sort of pothead dodgy cunt, even though I have always been a full nerd mode kid who gets great grades and I have never smoked weed. I have tried to make my appearance neater, but I think people get the wrong impression because I am really spacy and stare off while I think quite often. People are always super fucking suprised when I do well, even though I have always been a high achiever. I am worried it will affect my work life when I am finished uni.
>>
>>18079182
Yeah its like when I met my friends I acted stupid and messed around alot just because they reacted well to that it and liked it so I just kept doing it. But like for some reason they think thats my main personality. I act so different with real world people but idk how to reflect that. Even at work people are surprised when I do a good fast job which hurts because I can be fast if I need to be but I rarely have to be at my job since its laid back. I might of gotten soft after being there for like 2 years but still.
>>
Might be hard for American or generally a guy that is generally very loose.
You have to be super tight about everything. No compromises. With others or yourself.
Be anal about everything. Precise, work yourself to the bone.
Or simply don't give a shit.
Either will work.
>>
>>18079306
>Be anal about everything. Precise, work yourself to the bone.

But the way I see it is why would I work myself to the bone and super hard just to make 9 dollars an hour. I would do it no problem if I made more money but imo 9 isnt worth it.
>>
>>18079344
Exactly. You do not see the point in it. You do not give in extra effort. That is what everyone measures you about. You just do your job.
But if you earned 45 dollars per hour you would be even less inclined to work harder.
You work hard when you earn low in order to get noticed. You advance when someone sees your zeal.
Try it, work hard for a month or two.
You will see differences, and you might get promoted.
>>
>>18079373
My job doesn't have promotions, its just a random supermarket with union. So im stuck on my postition. Like there are guys who work super fucking hard and dont get anything for it but a good job once in a great while.
>>
>>18079378

You have a bigger problem than worrying about others opinions.
Get a fucking job where you can work up.
This is getting you nowhere.
>You work for pittance
>you get 0 networking
>you aren't gaining new and valuable skills

Honestly, I don't know anything about you, but anyone working that kind of job and being satisfied with it is lazy. Simply because he won't give in that extra effort to get a job with better potential.
>>
>>18079378
So what are you doing to get a better job? Something that's not dead end shitwork?
>>
>>18079473
I have to look at what I want to do. I have no idea but I'm trying to find out what I want.
>>
>>18079495
No wonder people think you have a terrible work ethic. You aren't making even the slightest attempt to succeed in life, half-assing an entry level job that pays nine dollars an hour. Do you have any drive, any ambition? How do your actions show that? What your friends see, what everyone else sees, is a lazy prat unwilling to put in the effort to succeed.

And worst of all, your grammar is terrible.
>>
>>18078901
Dress nicer to show you put a lot into things. Demonstrate you go over and above to people. Ask them what kind of music they like. Then burn them a cd of a shit ton of stuff. Find something you kniw they will see you do and overdo the shit out of it.
>>
>>18079378
One of my friends worked retail like that. He made a friend in the wind industry that helped him get a job working on turbines. It's all who you know. Now he's pulling 70k or so.
>>
>>18079344
>I have no idea why but people think im a lazy shitty worker
>why would I work myself to the bone and super hard just to make 9 dollars an hour

Its your attitude you lazy entitled cunt
>>
I've worked in a bunch of shitty factories and on building sites when younger. While I was at university I cleaned offices in the evenings and worked retail on the weekends and after I graduated I carried on with a high end retailer as a team leader, then assistant manager, then manager and ended up regional manager. I've since switched careers and work for a small start up and work harder than I ever have before.

I've known loads of lazy people who I couldn't trust to work hard, having worked with them and eventually having to manage them. People who's first thought it often 'is this fair' or 'is anybody else able to do this' or 'I'm offended I'm being asked to help' or 'how can I make this job last until lunch or the end of the day?' or 'hang on, I'm just playing on my phone one second' or 'dude I've not had a cigarette break in ages' or 'I'm paid 9-5 so I'm not doing that until the clock says'.

Basically it amounts to motivation and how quickly you get on something. Do you get your workstation laid out so you can work quickly and efficiently? Do you use time between jobs to prepare or start other jobs which will make the rest of the day easier so you can get ahead of yourself either for your own benefit or the benefit of the team? Do you know the myriad of ways things can be done to speed you up or slow you down and how that can piss other people off if you doing orientate forms correctly so when someone has to reach for something 50,000 times a day they don't have to rotate them out of position?

Things like that can contribute. Do you pass time with a broom or mop trying to look busy while somebody else is struggling to unload a truck? Do you take forever to learn things and complain the whole time about not having been shown while everybody else picks these things up quickly and without complaint?
>>
>>18079859
At my job the issue is I have no set task for the end of the day, I just stock shelves. If I had a list of things to get done by my shift I'd be working super fucking hard but I can't get motivated and work hard when my only task is put this out if it's empty and if not then just move around and clean stuff. But like days they tell me to set up an aisle or set up displays I work my fucking ass off and they still say nothing about it.
>>
>>18080379
One entry level job I got was to wash containers. I asked the guy training me (who clearly had once done this job, but since been promoted) what a good day looked like and he shrugged and said 50. I found out the previous guy was really unmotivated and rarely did more than 30. I could have basically made the day last by doing 30-50 a day and had a job for life doing so.

Thing is, I'd no intention of sticking at the bottom there and after a couple of weeks I figured out that it was easy to do 60-70 on an average day where you also did other jobs and helped out other people and some things went wrong and it was possible to hit 80-90 on a great day where everything went right. 100 was impossible without investment in further equipment.

I optimised the work area and asked for the schedules for regional collections and returns as well as current stock. The previous guy just left the yard as it was and everybody was always hunting for returns each morning meaning the deliveries were slow going out each morning. Nobody could face a stock take.

Over a couple of months I used the time gained by washing 90 a day to rearrange the yard and implement a returns system with all the drivers. Each morning the picks for the day were in the correct place to be loaded because I placed them there the day before as I washed them. I also did regular stock takes which showed up stock which had been on site for too long and stock which could be swapped with other sites with capacity.

I got given an assistant and trained him to follow the process I'd laid out writing a standard operating procedure. Basically what was 5 days work for one with a bunch of hassle for everyone else on site was now done in 1.5 days and everyone else had an easier life.

My boss was literally why did you do this? I told him I'd no intention of staying in the same job on the same salary because I wasn't interested in washing containers, I now had 3.5 days a week to do something else to make him money.
>>
>>18080510
See stuff like that I respect and I feel like I would be able to do but the job has endless amounts of things to stock and even if its all done we have no set problems, my job is literally bottom of the barrel, even the full timers are mindlessly walking around. There are maybe like 4 people who work hard and they are all top top managers with 20 years or so on their belt
>>
>>18078901
Martin?
>>
>>18079859
I agree with everything being lazy except the not working off the clock thing.

Managers that expect that honestly need to hang. Respect that I have a life outside of work. Like I don't expect to be paid for work I'm not doing. Don't expect work that you're not paying for.
>>
>>18081244
Not changing your situation to something that allows you to do meaningful hard work is essentially a "lazy" work ethic. theres nothing wrong with not aspiring for more at this time and you shouldn't let the opinions of others to bother you but if you truly see yourself as a hard worker and you're not changing your situation to allow that to flourish you're kidding yourself
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.