[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Realization

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1487670110229.jpg (1MB, 1440x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1487670110229.jpg
1MB, 1440x1280px
I just realized something.

> For the past 6 years I was super focused
on school, then work.

> Software Engineer now making 6 figures. Love job.

> Realized now that I feel "accomplished", what I have the most fun is when I had a gf and all we did was stay at home, watching movies/anime, playing video games and being complete goofballs. We'd go out to amusement parks or movies from time to time.

> At that point I felt complete.

It feels like, there's 2 parts of me. One that craves "adult" success, and the other "child" version of me that craves pure genuine fun like that?

I don't care about "luxury" bs, or having nice cars or expensive shit.

The only problem right is... I just turned 27 years old, and I have this huge fear I'll never be able to reach that completeness again...
>>
The thing is, it doesn't have to be either-or. You CAN have both a fulfilling job and a fulfilling relationship. Pursuing one thing in life will almost never make you properly happy.
>>
>>18078523
>>18078523
>>18078523
>>18078523
>It feels like, there's 2 parts of me. One that craves "adult" success, and the other "child" version of me that craves pure genuine fun like that?

iktfb

when i'm in adult mode I eat healthy, hit the gym, socialize, etc. but sometimes it gets too be too much and I need to go full degenerate for a little while.
>>
>>18078542
I didn't say either or. I can do both!!
But I just feel too old for it, and I'm scared of it not happening...
>>
>>18078573
Well that's all in your head then. Why wouldn't you be able to do it?
>>
>>18078580
27yo
I won't find a young girl anymore
>>
>>18078573
Too old for what? To play games and enjoy yourself? There's no age limit after which people who enjoy video games aren't permitted to enjoy them anymore.

The important thing is that you make sure the shit you need to take care of is taken care of. After that, you can do whatever.

What do you do for fun?

Do you have a girlfriend? If you don't and you want one, why not look for one? Preferably one who likes doing the same things you do, but even if not, one that you enjoy being around and spending time with.
>>
>>18078834
Bro

Younger girls love older men
>>
>>18079009
>Do you have a girlfriend? If you don't and you want one, why not look for one? Preferably one who likes doing the same things you do, but even if not, one that you enjoy being around and spending time with.

My ex just broke up w/me.
She was a perfect fit, but apparently I wasn't.
At that moment I felt complete, but wasn't 100% aware that that was in fact what I wanted.

And yeah I'm looking for a GF at the moment.

>>18079372
Oh I know, but how to get there?
I met my ex through video games.
I just have this feeling that I'm not gonna find someone like her again, but hell I might be wrong.

I basically feel old and running out of time for some reason.
>>
>>18078523
that will always be true
you will always want some adult success and also want to not adult, and have mindless fun, a good deal of the time
>>
>working in finance
>six figures
>married
>anime every day
>hang out with other girls all the time

I'm good
>>
>>18079899
how...
>>
>>18079904
I work hard and play hard (and pay attention to my looks)

Sometimes I wear kigurumi at home to relax in my girly weeaboo room
>>
> I don't care about "luxury" bs, or having nice cars or expensive shit.

Because you make 6 figures and dont have to worry about money.

Money doesnt bring happiness but it sure as hell makes you a lot more comfortable.

Fellow 6 figure SE in a low cost of living city reporting in.
>>
>>18080195
Holy shit dude, you me?
That's exactly how I feel about my money
It's just so I don't have to worry about shit.
>>
>>18079872
>She was a perfect fit, but apparently I wasn't.

What happened? Did you guys argue a lot?
>>
>>18079872
>Oh I know, but how to get there?
>I met my ex through video games.
Seem like you aren't a very social person. Learn to be a smooth talker, or at least learn to lead a conversation. That's what women like.

Hit the gym and meet new friends there. Women go crazy for men with muscular bodies.

But best of all, you have a frickin 6 figure salary. Women go even crazier for this, so be careful that they aren't gold diggers.
>>
>>18081364
No, she just basically told me that when we broke up.

>>18082329
I'm chubby muscular, but currently on keto
>>
>>18082329
How does one lead conversation?
I'm obviously not a social butterfly if I have to ask. But I'm not entirely a recluse, I'm often drinking with mates, and they are all social as fuck, often meet new people through them. I just can't understand how to make conversation flow. My friends all just accept rather quiet
>>
>>18082460
>How does one lead conversation?
Read a book or find a website that will help you.

The best simple tip that helped me get started -- just ask another question related to what you're talking right now. Repeat over and over, and the conversation will keep going. Also, use some body language. Subconsciously, humans care more about body language than what the other person says with their mouth. They will pay more attention to you and it'll make you more memorable.

What helped me out the most? Learning to dance. Women like guys who can dance because according to science men such as these are good with sex. When I learned to dance, I became much less nervous/anxious around women.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.