[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the difference between a romantic relationship and a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1469224376091.jpg (21KB, 639x1134px) Image search: [Google]
1469224376091.jpg
21KB, 639x1134px
What is the difference between a romantic relationship and a friendly relationship?
It's weird, I don't really understand the difference besides kissing and all that stuff.
>>
>>18077950
there's no such thing as a friendly relationship with the opposite sex lmao.

usually one side has unrequited love for the other.

seems like you've been in the friend zone this entire time and never realized it :^)
>>
>>18077954
Well, kind of
But what is the difference?
>>
Feelings of tenderness that you don't have for just a friend, and that you hope the other person reciprocates.
A willingness to be vulnerable in a way you wouldn't with a friend.
A desire to have these feelings exclusively for each other.

For example, you won't care if your friend has other friends, but you don't want your lover to have other lovers.
>>
>>18077954
I'll take gays for 500 Alex.
>>
File: image_2197.jpg (79KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image_2197.jpg
79KB, 400x300px
>>18077964
This puts it pretty good 2bh.
>>
Friend zone is a bullshit term for "unrequited love."

If you told the truth and called it what it is, then you would see the errors of your ways and move on to find what you're looking for someplace else. There's sex, and then there's the failed attempt at getting sex.
>>
>>18077975
Yes, but in the "friend zone" that person abuses you
>>
>>18077954

This is completely wrong and only spouted by either virgins, sexually frustrated males who never get any female attention, or kids who haven't made it out of college yet.

>>18077964
This is more accurate. You're going to share more with a partner on average. There's going to be a high level of intimacy - showing your naked bodies, understanding sexual preferences, that kind of chemistry that goes out of the bounds of friendship. Plus, you're taking the ultimate risk if sex leads to pregnancy.

One final major point about men and women being friends and not lovers - I have a lot of female friends, but I know what makes them tick, and I know their annoying habits and traits that I wouldn't be able to tolerate in a relationship. In a friendship, I can tell them to fuck off if they're being stupid and go do whatever I want. In a relationship, I have to tolerate that bullshit and try to fix whatever is going on.
>>
>>18078004
What if a person believes there's not really a difference, besides sex and that kind of stuff?
>>
>>18078017
I would say that person has probably never been in love before.
>>
The desire for exclusivity
>>
>>18078017

>>18078027 isn't me, but that's about accurate.

Your friends are someone you spend passive time together with doing common activities, having a laugh, and doing shit purely at your own convenience, besides maybe like helping them move a couch into their house or something.

In a relationship, you're tied at the hip. You need to be there for emotional support, you can't just leave them to do their own thing, there's an extra level of depth, and the stakes are higher.
>>
>>18077950

There really isn't much difference, besides exclusivity. You can have many friends but only one sexual partner. Usually. Sometimes it's not even that.
>>
>>18078039
I guess in a relationship you have more intimacy
>>
>>18077960

for osme people there is no different other than the lust component. there are people whos goal it is to just marry someone who can be their 'best friend'.

for others its completely different, theres a distinct difference between strong platonic and even basic romantic love.

its kind of like how you feel differently about your friends than your parents, or your parents than your pets or your pets than you kids.

platonic love is about camaraderie, whereas romantic love is about passion
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.