[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Borderline GF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1454715111803.jpg (367KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1454715111803.jpg
367KB, 1600x900px
Hey guys, I have a girlfriend of ~4.5 years that has BDP. We always knew that something was up in previous years, but never figured out what it was until a couple years ago. She's been on meds now for half a year, and it's been a LOT better. Before that, I was seriously considering leaving her because of the constant emotional fits and the manipulation, but I'm no longer thinking about leaving. She's apologized for acting the way she did before many times, and we really do love each other and care about each other.

Problem is, there's still issues that come up frequently and I have trouble dealing with them the way I used to. She can be incredibly warm and loving one moment and then turn cold as stone the next. I don't have the same thick skin I used to, /adv/. Is there something I can do to better cope with these things? I know that things are probably the best they'll be now that she's on meds, and I recognize that if I want to stay with her I'll have to put up with a certain level of this
>>
Are you a masochist, OP? Do you enjoy being emotionally abused?
>>
>>18077918
You'll always have to put up with this. Trust me, mental illness rarely goes away entirely. It's like malaria. She'll be relatively fine as long as she keeps on her meds and works to stay healthy. You'll never be entirely free of it though.
>>
>>18077918
abandon ship. she will not change. she can not change.
source: experience
>>
lol that abusive women have a disorder diagnosis to hide behind
>>
>>18077952
Also, meds are only have the solution. I've been depressed enough to wind up in a psychiatric hospital twice for suicide attempts. The medicine made it easier to cope the first time but only conscious effort and training keeps you healthy in the long term. Learned that the hard way. This is pretty common for folks dealing with mental illness. Make sure she takes her meds and commits to a healthy lifestyle. One is useless without the other.
>>
>>18077987
Half*
>>
>>18078026
Only half* of the solution
>>
How do BPD women manipulate their partners? Asking this because sometimes I'm worried my gf is BPD
>>
>>18078033
acting crazy, crying, threatening suicide, gaslighting, physical abuse, and other emotional abuse
>>
>>18078044
Thank you so much for this non-answer
>>
>>18078061
how is that a non answer? did you want some greentext or some shit
>>
>>18078033
With any means they can find. The signature move of BPDs is to act like cunts then blame you or someone/something else for their behavior and play the victim. "I sent nudes to my ex because you don't give me enough attention" kind of stuff.

Of course, they can use pretty much any technique in the book. Read "the art of seduction" by Robert Greene, it describes the manipulation techniques (many of them being used subconsciously) used in romantic relationships pretty well.
>>
>>18078061
its true, anon
look it up
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.