[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Really don't want to be an adult?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0019.png (1MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0019.png
1MB, 1136x640px
I am 26 and being a adult is total aids. I remember when I was 16 or 17 and could just come home and lay in bed and play video games. No problems, didn't have to deal with dumb shit or people going full retard.

Now, I am 26 and every day I feel like shit. Tired, bored, and just generally feeling out of time. Like age 30 is 4 years away. That's a fuckibg death sentence.

Adulthood is just pure aids to me. I feel like the only people who enjoy adulthood is rich people. I just fucking hate the illusion of freedom.

Like you can't not work, otherwise you die.

Help.
>>
Sounds like

1. You had a childhood with no responsibilities and learned to ditch discipline in favour of being a lazy shit
2. You're depressed and low energy

Either way get your shit together and stop being a faggot. I'm 32 and I'm in the best shape of my life and finally financially and emotionally responsible and capable with myself and it feels awesome and I love people and the world.

You are the only person responsible for how you feel
>>
>>18077477
Sounds like you're immature lol
Life can be interesting and fun at all ages. It's up to you to cultivate a beautiful life.
>>
What makes you think 30 is a death sentence?
>>
>>18077477
Same boat dude. I feel like I'm stuck in a time loop being forever 15, but I'm 28.

All you'll get here are people saying "man the fuck up you lazy piece of shit". Everywhere else you'll get sympathy and support for your "mental disabilities". My advice being your 2 year senior is get on autism bucks if you aren't already. You can say you have depression, crippling anxiety and agoraphobia or some shit. You'll probably need to do a bunch of paperwork, see a bunch of psychiatrists and psychologists but in the end, the free money is worth it.

If you don't think you can handle that or you don't have autism bucks in your 3rd world country, your only option is to work or kill yourself. That's the truth of things.
>>
>>18077520

Or you two can try to grow up. I mean, working is shit but if you two can spend time in 4chan, then you have time for hobbies.

Also, making friends gets harder, but aby city should have classes and shit for you to join and meet people.

Instead of hiding even more at home, go to work and interact. Make your life worthwhile.
>>
>>18077529
>go out and meet people

What does this shit even mean? I keep seeing it said over and over again but its purpose is totally lost on me. I'm introverted as FUCK and going out just to meet people is a completely alien concept to me.

Am I supposed to just say hi to complete strangers like a fucking creep? Literally don't know what to do.
>>
>>18077477
While we were playing vidya all day, our peers made sacrifices to gain all kinds of skills and knowledge. One ought to forge himself into a tough character to get any footing in this world. Once we do, we can explore it freely, while shrugging off inescapable suffering.
>Like you can't not work, otherwise you die.
How poor are you, actually? Chances are you taking stupid loans instead making timed deposits, and pay 3 times more than you need for food and utilities, never mind luxuries.
>>
>>18077529

I wanna chime in on this.

I think i know how >>18077520 and OP feel; it's almost as if life is stacked against you and there's a lot going on but you're uninterested in playing "the game" (of life) because it's unfair and it's hard.

They gotta find something worth fighting for - something that actually interests them enough to motivate them to do well for themselves. It's easy to cry to your doctor that you have anxiety and depression.. but is that really the root of the problem?
>>
File: 1487382102021.jpg (53KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1487382102021.jpg
53KB, 600x900px
>>18077546
>but is that really the root of the problem?

The root of my depression and anxiety is that I'm not a cute anime girl irl.
>>
>>18077537

First and foremost I feel that getting yourself a hobby that forces you to go some place and interact with people is a good idea. For example, you could always be in better shape so why not get a combo gym membership with PT lessons for exercises? That way you get out of the house, interact with people, and you exercise all in one.

This costs money of course and I honestly doubt that you have a job right now.
>>
>>18077555
>get a hobby

Here's yet another piece of advice that I couldn't wrap my head around. It's something else everybody keeps telling me. What hobby? I don't care about most things. Pretty much the only thing I like doing is listening to music, sometimes playing video games although thats going on decline, going on 4chins and sleeping so I can escape to my dreams.

Am I supposed to just force myself into a "hobby" until I like it?
>>
>>18077563
>>18077537
Boo fucking hoo. You know exactly where your comfort zone is taking you. You gonna have to go through rough patches if you want a thicker skin and excitement.
>>
>>18077563

Forcing yourself into different hobbies until you find one that you enjoy and want to continue is one way of doing it, yes. Generally people think to themselves something along the lines of "I really like the idea of x! I'd like to know how it is made/how it works" and then they do some research and they gain some knowledge and they try it for themselves. Voila, a hobby.

A personal example for me would be automotive repair and music production. I like these ideas and I think they're cool so I'm doing research and I'm trying it for myself.
>>
>>18077566
>if you want a thicker skin and excitement.

Where did I say I wanted thicker skin and even worse, excitement? I just want to minimally exist. I don't wish I was making 120k a year, banging hot sluts in the club toilet, live in a mansion and drive a sports car and have a shredded body covered with bulging vascular muscles.

My only wish is to exist with about 500 calories of food a day minimum, a phone with internet and a safe, clean place to sleep. But even that is too much to ask.
>>
>>18077570

What kind of existence is that dude?

What would you have done 100 years ago?

What are you gonna do if civilization manages to collapse within your life time?

You need help from a professional.
>>
>>18077570
>everything hurts
>I'm always bored
>I don't want thicker skin and excitement

>gib advice pls
>I'm not gonna do anything different though, haha
>>
>>18077580
>>18077580
>What kind of existence is that dude?
My ideal life apparently.

>What would you have done 100 years ago?
Get done in by some disease probably.

>What are you gonna do if civilization manages to collapse within your life time?
Probably join the rioters and rape, loot, steal and kill.

>You need help from a professional.
I thought all I needed to do was man up

>>18077590
I'm not OP
>>
>>18077483
I'm 27 and in the best shape of my life and financially and emotionally responsible

It feels like shit and the only reason I don't kill myself is the impact it would have on my family

Life is a lot like peewee soccer. My mom signed me up for it and I'm expected to try my best despite fucking hating soccer.
>>
>>18077537

>Am I supposed to just say hi to complete strangers like a fucking creep?

It means get a job, join a class, go to Magic the Gathering tournaments, do shit with people. That's "going out".
>>
>>18077494
Because being born was a death sentence, and now op is old enough to start realizing just how cruel his parents were for creating life that will just die.
>>
Damn, the despair is real.

I'm in a similar boat/have been feeling similarly. But I am trying to find a way out of it, actively of course.

You say there's no freedom. Alright, that shit you have to do, do it. And be fuckin good at it. If it's not something you want to be good at, then find something else to be good at.

I picked up solving Rubick's puzzles (at 25, I know how that looks) and I made sure to get good at it. Then I switched it to producing music. Hated how noobish I was and so on and so forth. Each "switch" was months apart. But I A. gave it time and B. gave it full on attention. Making progress in both felt good, and you start chasing that good feeling till it gets you to a better place.

Before you reply with an excuse (because that's what it's going to be) just go n do something instead.
>>
File: fuckthisgameSFVedition.jpg (41KB, 500x468px) Image search: [Google]
fuckthisgameSFVedition.jpg
41KB, 500x468px
>>18077823
>just don't be depressed!
>>
>>18077863
If that's how you choose to summarize it, then so be it.
>>
>>18077872
That's all you're saying, dipshit.

Depression is defined by social withdrawal, low energy and mood, malaise, a lack of interest. Your solution is to just be high energy and not withdraw and have an interest.

I know you're trying to help, but you should probably think a little harder before posting.
>>
>>18077863
hope this is troll or under 18. otherwise you cant go far with that intellect

>>18077823
sounds great, man. did you conclude doing anything at last?
>>
>>18077898

That's all he's saying because in reality that's all it takes. If you force yourself to do shit that you should do even though you don't want to (shoveling your driveway after a snowstorm or cleaning your house as examples) you'll feel a lot better and you'll feel like you actually accomplished something. Baby steps dude. Make a list every day of things that need to be done, even if it's simple mundane tasks like brushing your teeth and making your bed, and do them and cross them off. Work your way up from there.

You'll feel a lot better in the long run.
>>
File: fuckouttahere.jpg (94KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
fuckouttahere.jpg
94KB, 640x640px
>>18078006
>That's all he's saying because in reality that's all it takes.
>all it takes to not be depressed is to not be depressed
kill yourself. You are every shitty friend who makes those with depression not want to talk about it.
>>
>>18078373
>all it takes to not be depressed is to not be depressed
He's saying take a shower, brush your teeth, do this and that everyday task, because that's what has to be done by everyone. That's what your mom tells you as a kid. She doesn't tell you to change your brain chemistry.
>>
>>18078447
>he's saying have proper executive functioning!
Hey, guess what the primary indicator of clinical depression is: impaired executive functioning

Seriously, just shut the fuck up. You're not suggesting cognitive therapy, you're not suggesting diet changes, you're not suggesting anything helpful. You're just saying "don't be depressed" a couple of different ways.

If you were depressed and came out of it, great, good for you, we're all happy for you, but you're not understanding the reality of the disease.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.