[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I really study?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (9KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 275x183px
I've been having problems with studying in the past. Examinations are in two months, and the college HD taking tests every day.

The problem is that I'm having trouble with motivation. This may sound weird, but I'm extremely and I mean extremely averse to studying at night. Something just happens to me when the sun sets. I can study for a couple of hours easily in the afternoon, but never in the night. I also really hate it when I do nothing but study and have no time for myself. So some advice would be appreciated.

Also, what are some efficient ways to memorize stuff quickly? My course is memorization heavy
>>
>>18077424
>My course is memorization heavy
Enjoy your superficial education
>>
>>18077424
I have this same issue too at times. A good fix is to change up some of your typical studying habits. Try to study in a different location, or try studying while walking (as of you are giving a presentation). Get a new beverage and drink it while studying in this way. A change of pace can go a long way
>>
>>18077424
Study in the morning. I've been teaching myself Japanese for years and I find learning new words and remembering older ones is the easiest in the morning (I'm a morning person). For memorization, use flash cards. Look at them at least once everyday. They are a godsend.

Also, there are different types of learning that people are more suited at.
For example, I'm not an audiovisual learner at all. I can listen and understand something, but I'll completely forget it immediately. I am, however, more of a reading/writing learner. When I read my textbook, I always take notes and remember it the most easily that way.
>>
Almost same problem as OP.

Does someone know about studying techniques, or memorization patterns? I dont have any studying technique, nor any studying habits. Does someone know about habits and patterns that work?
>>
>>18077424
>really hate it when I do nothing but study and have no time for myself
make a schedule for study time vs yourself time
in some cases, you won't have anymore yourself time, you'll just have to power through that

>averse to studying at night
sleep and wake up earlier

>what are some efficient ways to memorize stuff quickly
actually understand the reasoning behind the information
google mnemonic tricks (ymmv)

there might be specific tricks/methods of studying for your particular subject that others in the field came up with, look them up
>>
trap yourself in a quiet/study area at school. it's effective because study is the only thing you can do there. go home when you're done and look forward to doing nothing.

>>18077424
>>18078828

for memorization; i'd say flash cards and practice quizzes/tests (like quizlet or something). just a lot of repetition until you know the answer immediately when you see the question (repetition learning is actually scientific and strengthens your brain's pathways to access that specific knowledge)
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.