[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I sue my employer for firing me? I probably think I can't,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: guan_yu_statue_china.jpg (37KB, 700x367px) Image search: [Google]
guan_yu_statue_china.jpg
37KB, 700x367px
Can I sue my employer for firing me? I probably think I can't, but might as well ask. She threatened to fire me if I didn't work during my school hours and I told her I couldn't so I didn't show up, and I got a call saying I was fired.

And she was aware of my schedule, I've worked there for six months and I told her two months prior my class schedule.

I'm just pissed off, can I sue her for using employment as a liability, or am I just being an entitled bitch (and I'm only asking because, like I said, it happened a few hours ago and I'm still pissed off).
>>
>>18077179
I dont know what the law is like but Im pretty sure you can make a claim with a workers rights bureau.

It is reasonable for you to go to school, she was given fair notice, and maybe youre past the probation point at 6 months where you can be fired for no reason.

Id personally give it a shot. Youd have a case if you had evidence she was informed.
>>
>>18077179
>guan yu
damn that guy is a bad ass
>>
>>18077179

To be honest, you would be better off asking reddit.com/r/legaladvice , and I don't mean that as a "go back to r*ddit xD" insult.

Taking legal advice from anonymous strangers on 4chan is a terrible idea. You might actually get some useful info/advice on reddit.
>>
It will depend on your contract and you are possibly entitled to be given longer notice period. However, it's unlikely there is much you can do.

Your boss can ultimately fire you for just about any reason they like as long as it's not discriminatory or otherwise dodgy. You not being able to work some shifts because of school is unlikely to fall under that. She really shouldn't have hired you in the first place if she knew she needed you to work certain hours.

It will depend on the law in your area though. Perhaps you are entitled to have time off for education. I seriously doubt it though and more importantly you did miss a shift.
>>
>>18077179
Since you didn't bother to include information about where you live, you're probably an ignorant USAian.

You can sue anyone for anything. The question is, is it reasonable to expect you will win.

Most states, unless you have a contract, an employer can fire you for not working the hours they ask you to work. This is would not ordinarily be considered "for cause" so you are likely to be able to apply for and receive unemployment benefits if you are otherwise eligible.

And yes, thinking that you are entitled to have a job where you aren't able to work the hours your employer needs you to work is fucking stupid.
>>
Employer has just cause. It is called being a fucking flake or unreliable piece of shit. You were asked what hours you were available to work at one point before employment. If things changed since then you need to deal with it. Find another employer that fits your schedule and not ask on 4chan if you can fuck your previous job over or not. At least you communicated your schedule issue but when they said NO it was your cue to bail.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.