[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT we talk about our goals and our failure to reach them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: Tp3KmxW.jpg (929KB, 1280x1627px) Image search: [Google]
Tp3KmxW.jpg
929KB, 1280x1627px
I'll start:

I wanted to draw. Lost inspiration over a decade ago and never got it back, although occasionally I'll see something that makes me wish I had skill as an artist but the second I try to draw I realize I'm nothing.

I wanted to learn another language. Got to A1 level at best in about half a dozen languages but never have been able to progress to a level that isn't embarrassing in any of them. Meanwhile I know people who speak my native language almost as well as I do and are still yet learning more.

I wanted to play music in some way. Never had a chance to play an instrument and wouldn't even know where to begin, I don't know the first thing about music theory; it's all Greek to me. Why even bother at this point, there are people out there who learned to play guitar when they were barely teenagers, how could I ever compete with that?

I wanted to be able to write well, but I can't. I have a great appreciation for words but zero command of them. I'm not an intelligent or analytical person and everything I try to write comes off flat as a pancake.

I wanted to be married with kids by 26. I'm 24 now and have never even had a date. I'm nearing an age where I should have done so much and yet I've accomplished nearly nothing. Soon I'll start losing testosterone and my ability to learn new things will drastically decrease, and when I've learned basically nothing that makes me just feel miserable.

I can probably think of more but I think you probably get the point.
>>
To talk about the failure of realizing a goal, is to realize that the goal has never been got at. What I mean is to say that you should begin now. 24 is young, in a world where 50-70 is the current and average expected longevity. Begin drawing. Begin an instrument. I purchased a guitar with my last check from my first job, and I started a year later than when I first bought it. I'm still learning now, but I will certainly be better in a year, as I am better now than I was a year ago. Everything comes with time. "I know people who speak my native language almost as well as I do and are still yet learning more." And you too can still learn more. If we look at life objectively, nothing can be better stated than that we must be both persistent and pliable. The man who would be of worth must make his own conditions.

To submit to defeat before you have even started is to not have begun at all. No one man has ever began life as an expert at anything, but has acquired the talent and skill throughout his life. Pick yourself up off of the floor and move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5Gvdgs_R1c
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.