[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Birthday coming up and GF ridiculously jealous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 1

File: 1457549085197.png (2MB, 1514x1756px) Image search: [Google]
1457549085197.png
2MB, 1514x1756px
Hey guys, so here is the situation

My birthday is coming up and Im throwing a party, so of course I invited all of my friends, all seems good until my gf told me that she is not going if one of my friends is also going. This friend is a girl that I met last year because she lives almost across the street from my house; for the past year my gf has always hated her, because she says that hanging out with her is the same as disrespecting her.

I really dont know why but its obvious she thinks that either im going to cheat on her with my friend or that she is going to try to make a move on me, otherwise she would hather that much (to the point that we got into a big argument once because she wanted me to block her entirely).

Now, of course Im not going to cheat on her (that is actually pretty fucking offesnice to me cuz I think after a year she wuld trust me) but im also not going to reject my friends because my gf is being a jealous child.

im talking to her right now but it doesnt seem to be going anywhere

So what should I do /adv/?
>>
Man thats a lof of typos, my bad

*otherwise she wouldnt hate her that much

*pretty fucking offensive

*would trust me

there you go
>>
question i would immediately ask is would you be ok if the roles were reversed? she has an attractive guy friend for a year and shes inviting him to a party? i think her biggest problem with that girl is how close she is too you, distance wise. it would make cheating infinitely easier
>>
throwing a birthday party at your house?

are you fucking 12?
>>
if she's getting that worked up over you being in the vicinity of a female friend, that's a really bad sign - possessiveness kills relationships

if after you talk to her and she still remains staunch in her view, my advice would be to tell her to simmer the fuck down and accept the fact that you have other friends that may or may not be female, and that refusing to hang out with them because of her insecurities is unfair and inappropriate

>>18076500
if that were the case and the roles would be reversed, then why would the boyfriend not go to the party as well to keep an eye on things if the hes that worried? her refusal and ultimatum is an attempt at control, which reflects very poorly on her character
>>
>>18076500
ok here is when I can get on my high horse

on her birthday (like 3 months ago) she did invite her ex whom she had broken up like 2 years prior (or so she says) and he came to the party and all

I didnt say shit cuz, I like to think im not the jealous type and its not my place to say anything anyways
>>
>>18076505
house parties are fun m8 what are you on about?
>>
>>18076512
Yes that is what im telling her right now, who knows if she'll see things my way.

Like you said that is really unfair and inappropriate, im honestly this close to just tell her that she can either accept all of my friends or stay away from my party
>>
>>18076553
then thats all the ammo you need. cant believe she would do that and then tell you you cant bring a girl you havent even dated. bring that up and watch her fumble up an excuse why it was her ok in her situation.
>>
stand your ground anon
whatever happens you should be freely able to befriend whoever you want
>>
Stop being close to other girls when you have a girlfriend.
Men don't do this, but boys keeping options open do. She should be the main girl in your life if you actually cared.
>>
>>18076582
she said it was ok because her ex doesnt (and im quoting here) "post innappropiate and hurtful things on my timeline"

Bear in mind what she is refering to is my friends posting one of those cheesy memories on facebook because we had met a year ago that day, saying we should hang out to celebrate
>>
>>18076587
t. virgin
>>
>>18076592
I don't see how you got that from my post.
In mature relationships you don't fuck around with other girls. At least not alone in a situation.
>>
>>18076587
I hate this mentality, yes she is my girlfriend I know, I asked her out.

This girl is my friend, I dont wanna bang her and she doesnt wanna bang me; we talk about videogames for christ sake.
>>
>>18076587
>if ur a REEL MAN u cant have friends that are girls!!

nice meme my friend>>18076587

>>18076590
i dont know how to tell you this dude but ur gf has the mental state of a 6-year-old
"i can do whatever i want but youre not allowed to because it hurts muh feelings when im not the center of the universe :^("

if she legitimately thinks thats inappropriate and hurtful, just straight up tell her to fuck off
>>
>>18076595
Men are ONLY friends with people they are attracted to. It's instinct. People don't gravitate towards people who are unpleasant to look at or talk to. There must be something you like about her, and that's why it would cause some insecurity in your gf.

You can't really say you're a special snowflake exclusion to this rule.
>>
>>18076594
guess you've never dated a girl who still hangs with her ex(s)
which is most girls
hence the virginity
>>
>>18076606
just because you like someone doesnt mean you want to bang them

this is not unique to men, either - you could argue the exact same for women
>>
>>18076607
>>18076617
I know exactly how guys are. I've been around them. I know how they treat me.

They get physical super fast even if we're just friends because they can't control themselves.

You're in denial and don't want to admit it. Even the way you talk about your gf, i.e. calling her a child, shows your disrespect for her. Do her a favor and break up with her so you have time to grow up.
>>
>>18076625
she is usually reasonable and a nice person, but this is one of those situations in which I gotta stand my ground man (girl?).

At this point this isnt even about me having a female friend, its about someone (anyone) other than me trying to control who I can hang out with.

This is a slippery slope that my values wont let me compromise on
>>
>>18076625
"I know exactly how you guys are!"
You see, this statement tells me all that I need to know. It tells me that you're bitter and angry because some guy did this kind of thing to you, and now you're projecting that onto all men because of this negative experience.

I'm sorry you had to go through that, but quite frankly you're also acting childish by making a broad generalization based on a singular experience.

Also, I'm not OP, so I'm not talking about MY gf per se. And you're right, I don't respect someone who attempts to control their significant other in a relationship. If "growing up" means allowing yourself to ignore patterns of emotionally abusive relationships, I think I'd like to stay younger.
>>
I love when people make threads pretending to ask for advice but when really the only reason they came here is to get their decision that they already made validated
>>
>>18076635
Ultimately you're not respecting her boundaries, but she's not respecting yours either. You either have to find a compromise where you recognize her feelings and she agrees to chill out or just break up. The problem seems more to do with communication than just the hanging out with friends thing.
>>
>>18076449

I would treat it as a shittest. Play it off jokingly with your gf.
>>
>>18076641
Hey im all ears

If someone can show me im wrong then I'll apologize. I never browse this board so I dont know what other people post here
>>
OK so here is what im going to do, because talking to her is just going in circles.

IM gonna tell her that she can either suck it up, be a grown ass woman and just accept I have female friends (and friends in general that she may not like)

or

That she can keep doing what she is doing, and if so I dont wanna see her near my party

yay or nay? Too harsh? Am i missing something?
>>
if you outright tell her not to go to your birthday party she's going to be fucking pissed.
but do it anyway or she'll never learn
>>
>>18076625
so it's ok for girls to hang with their exs, but not for guys to hang with other girls/their exs

sounds like you're a dumb bitch
>>
>>18076449

> offesnice
>>
>>18076648
what would you say would be a reasonable middle ground tho?
>>
>>18076677
I never said that. You're saying outright lies now.
Hope u deal with your mommy issues one day.
>>
>>18076682
still not even denying it? what a cunt
>>
>>18076670
Post screen shots of the conversations so we can get an unbiased view on whats being said between you both on the subject.
>>
>>18076695
too much of a bother to edit out the names

besides the conversation is in spanish
>>
Ok so I told her that

I got back an "ok" half an hour ago

so who knows now
>>
>>18076606
What a unique retard
The fact that you don't have any friend is because you're an asshole not because you're ugly
>>
>>18076505
Aww someone has no friends
>>
>>18076863
>The fact that you don't have any friend is because you're an asshole and you're ugly

FTFY
>>
>>18076449
she's extremely insecure.

either someone hurt her in the past, or.....

she is/is planning to cheat on you.

if A, you gotta decide if her mental issues are fixable and worth the trouble.

if B, get out while you can. girl across the street sounds nice.
>>
Run for your life and dump your bitch
>>
Break up with this hypocritical cunt. She's a controlling and manipulative narcissist. Is she really that hot that she can cut your balls off? That's a rethoric question because the answer is always "no" - so ditch her. I mean, you make the impression to be quite young, so better have some quality time with another woman who isn't a bitch for a change.
>>
>>18076449
Her refusal to attend the party is an attempt to control who you are friends with. Be wary of this sort of person.

Tell her you understand how she feels. Empathize with her but make it clear you have no intention of abandoning friends for her sake. She's worried, we've all been there, but that's not sufficient reasoning to end a friendship.
>>
>>18077493
Also, if she continues to assert control over who you befriend then it would be best to break up. That domineering behavior will reappear in due time. It will only get worse, trust me.
>>
>>18077501
Oh, and have her clarify why hanging out with your friend is "disrespectful".
There won't be any suitable or reasonable answer to give there. It will illustrate that the issue is here and not yours.
>>
>>18077767
Hers*
>>
This is a personal decision, my ex asked the same from me so I stopped holding parties, lost all my friends, and eventually lost the ex too. If I had known he was trying to alienate everyone to be my only "friend" I wouldn't have gone through with it. Miss those connections.
>>
I cannot understand why being jealous seems like a negative trait to you?

I am a jealous man by nature , as long as you don't try to control her like a remote controlled car, i think the girls like it.

Anyway, how about making a deal with your gf, as in you could say "ok i will not be inviting that girl to party but i do not want you to see your ex anymore."

If she says anything with but my ex is bla bla bla.. then you can always say, i do not care, i feel uneasy with him being around you just like you feel uneasy with that girl being around me.
Whşch one do you care? My love or your ex's friendship.

Be bold man, don't try to convince or argue with your girl like a girl. You never gonna win that way.

Be bold, stragihtforward and one thing to remember: Man solves the problems, don't expect your gf to solve this problem. Offer her a solution and let her decide if she wants this or not.
>>
jealous girls are my fetish
>>
>>18076606
>Men are ONLY friends with people they are attracted to. It's instinct.
NEWSFLASH: ALL MEN ARE INSTINCTUALLY GAY.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.