[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My boss is an asshole, and the easiest way of dealing with it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: badboss.jpg (49KB, 920x520px) Image search: [Google]
badboss.jpg
49KB, 920x520px
My boss is an asshole, and the easiest way of dealing with it is by getting a new job.

So I'm looking for a new job. If I get any response from my applications, there's a very good chance I will have to go through an interview.

>Why do you want to leave your current job?
What the fuck do I say? "My boss is an asshole" is not a very good reason, and it's a terrible answer to give to an interviewer. An answer like that will make *me* look problematic.

>Do you have any references?
There is absolutely no chance my boss would give me a good reference. I don't think I'm a bad worker at all, but my boss is a very pessimistic person; forget "good," I don't think he can even give an impartial reference. I honestly wouldn't put it past him to intentionally sabotage a reference to hinder my future.

What can I do to remedy these two problems?
>>
>>18076233
Get references from fellow employees or maybe a supervisor or something. It doesn't have to be a boss.

As for why you left, tell them about the work environment. I don't know if it's true or not, but you can just say the workspace wasn't respectful, or motivated, or you felt things were going downhill. 'You were unsatisifed with the way things were being handled.' Something kind of vague like that that implies the others were the problem, without outright stating it. If there was anything shady going on, mention you didn't feel comfortable under the authority conducting it. Just don't come off as a scumbag liar even if you are bullshitting them.

If your boss is that shitty I'm sure you can come up with some legit reason. What do you even do currently?
>>
>>18076249
I'm definitely considering references from colleagues, because it's better than nothing. I don't have a supervisor, though; I report directly to my boss. There are people higher up than my boss, but I'm nobody to them.

I've also thought about the vague answers, because a Google search told me to do the same thing. However, based on my experience doing job interviews, I feel that giving vague answers can backfire on me. I often get the vibe that my interviewer isn't fully convinced by my answers, and sometimes they'll even tell me to elaborate (which is what I'm trying to avoid). I also feel that this is such a common interview tactic that most interviewers have updated their bullshit detectors.

I realize I kind of sound like a little bitch right now, but it is a troubling circumstance. Your words aren't wasted on me, though. I will try harder to find a way to bullshit my interviewers more convincingly.
>>
>>18076233
You can always say that your last job was restrictive. Say something like your last job's responsibilities were too narrow and that you grew bored with the position
>>
>>18076274
Well elaborating isn't actually 'elaborating.' No interviewer wants to sit there and hear you list off ten specific reasons as to why you quit. If they ask you to elaborate, give a few examples that you've thought out in advance. You can just say two things and kind of trail off and say 'things like that' or something, and they'll just nod and move on to the next thing.

I mean unless you're applying to the fucking FBI or something, they don't care as much as you might think. They just have to put up that front. Just sound honest and make direct eye contact the whole time. It's not like interviewers are unbiased anyways. They just pick the ones they like, so it boils down to the competition.
>>
Don't say it's because your boss is an ass home. Just say you want a change of scenery or something generic like that
>>
>>18076287
>Just say you want a change of scenery
That could also be seen as flighty. If you tell someone that you want to leave a job because it's not interesting to you anymore, how can they trust that you won't want to leave them after a couple of years?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.