[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

living on the streets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

what's it like living in the shelter or in the streets? I'm tired of living with my mom and so want to run away even tho I'm 18. she didn't abuse me, I just don't like being around her anymore.
>>
You'll run into chicken before the egg situations.

To get id, bank account, insurance, job, you need an address which requires you to have a job, id, etc.

The cycle is endless.
>>
honestly most grant money tends to filter to youth based services. it wouldn't be fun, but you could run wild and be housed, in a program, have your shot taken care of for you
.. but you would be around a lot of drugs, Sec, and compromising shot. shot will be stolen from you, you will be taken advantage of and sit at the most disrespected and hated rungs in society. but you'd be a street Kid. you'd have a family and a host of people looking out for you. you could easily be assisted out or you could live in,a park with gutter punks. it's your world at that point. uhh just exist in a major city, one that is more liberal. it will be cake. you just have to be aware, and give up creature comforts
>>
>>18076046
>>18076054
You're also run into being turned away from about 80% of current standing shelters because they no longer accept single adult men, and fighting out a wait line at the remaining 20% that will.

One day you'll grow up, stop being so immature, and look back on this and laugh at how retarded you are though, so you have that to look forward to.
>>
>>18076093
>>18076054
I mean literally sleeping on the streets. is it really that bad. my mom claims it is. also she claims I'm making poor judgment for wanting to live there. I font want to live there since she took too long to apply me for the spring semester of community college, now I possibly can't go
>>
>>18076108
Well gee anon, I dunno. Hopping on the internet on your nice computer/phone that mommy paid the bills for and asking total strangers who are probably 50/50 working class adults, and children/manchildren who have their parents pay for this shit too what it's like living on the streets with absolutely nothing is probably the best way to get solid advice on the situation, don't you think?
>>
>>18076121
I paid part of it when I worked at ups and party city. I'll give it back to her. I'm gonna leave next week after I plan this out
>>
>>18076108
Lol. How bad is it?! Literally?! Oh my God, stop, please. Lol.. think about it OP. I don't know your exact situation, but imaging this. Instead of a bed in a bedroom in a building that you call home that protects you from the weather and provides some barrier of safety from people who may harm you or seize the opportunity to harm you save for that barrier you will be exposed to those hardships and dangers on the street. If you want to know what it's like do an experiment. If you have a backyard go and sleep in it, or a parking lot. I would say try a dumpster but I don't want to hear about some dumb kid being crushed to death in a garbage truck because he is to immature to take responsibility for applying to community college himself and instead blames his mother and gives her pissy whiny hollow threats of living on the streets because she has failed as a parent to raise anything close to an adult.
>>
>>18076151
she didn't let me apply myself. I would've done it myself but she wanted to do that and the financial aid with Me because if her tax forms, despite my friends and girlfriend applying on their own. she wasn't able to find last year's tax forms because apparently she was busy with 2 jobs and had to find a special needs school for my toddler sister. but despite her having no time to herself she didn't give me the benefit if the doubt of doing financial aid and college on my own
>>
File: cryingbaby.jpg (203KB, 1536x1024px) Image search: [Google]
cryingbaby.jpg
203KB, 1536x1024px
>>18076046
>>
>>18076315
Lol. Stop. Stop with the bait. It's too much. Your mom has 2 jobs and a special needs toddler yet you are complaining to her and telling her you are going to sleep on the streets?! Just do it OP. If you are 18 just go out on your own. Lol.
>>
I very briefly lived on the streets of Bristol, England (one of the best places to be homeless) and it was tbe worst time of my life. You'd be an idiot to choose to live on the streets.
>>
>>18076046
it's fuckin shit at best, traumatizing at worst
don't waste your life over such a stupid reason
>>
>>18076370
>>18076334
>>18076333
well I started packing my bags because I called the school today, they're not accepting anymore people fir the spring term, so I have to go. For some reason my little brother and stepdad think I'm making a dumb mistake
>>
>>18077915
because you are, you're a childish moron. step back and ask yourself what it accomplishes.
>>
>>18078161
because of my mom and her specific way of doing things, I wasn't able to go to prom, I wasn't able to vote, and now this. what an I supposed to do????????? I was denied any semblance of a truly normal life from her.sure she nurtures me but she thinks I can do things just like her. so what if I sound bratty. point is my life as it is had never been good.
>>
>>18078355
Who gives a shit about prom
>>
>>18077915
OP. Try to take a step back from the situation and think in the most logical and rational way you can and try to remove all emotions involved. Basically you have had your education pushed back one semester. You can enroll in the fall right? Until then why not get a job if you don't have one currently or keep working of you do have a job. Try and save as much as possible, ideally at least half of your paycheck. Your mom and stepdad provide most of your living expenses right? If so take advantage of this time. Ask your friends and girlfriend about the classes they are taking, if you plan on taking some of the same coursesize ask to read their textbooks, and study the coursework. OP you can use this time to save some money, prep for your studies, and plan. Have a set plan in place to register for school so this doesn't happen again. Start taking control of your life. Don't throw away this opportunity.
>>
>>18077915

Go ahead and live on the streets. You'll last one day. Maybe. And then you'll get hungry, tired, and bored, and you'll want to go right back to your cushy life.
>>
>>18076046
Go on youtube and research how to live in your car. For fucking serious. I've though about this if all goes to shit in my house. When shit is getting real at home and I want to just run out the damn door, I dream about buying a Ford Transit Connect Van or an E Class "rape van" or some shit like that and setting up something like pic related with an inflatable mattress and a frame to keep all my shit underneath. All you need is a place to park, enough room to sleep, car payment, insurance, and a gym membership. Some people even handwash their clothes at the gym while they shower to save quarters from going to the laundromat.

http://www.wikihow.com/Live-in-Your-Car
>>
Not being able to shower when you need to. Not having a refrigerator to store food in. Having to have with you what is basically camping gear at all times. Everything you need, including a stove, fuel, water, bedding.
What you will want the most is a home. Not a happy welcoming clean wholesome home, just a place you can store your stuff at, where you can sleep without risking your life. Having a place for your stuff is not valued enough. You would have to carry everything you own with you, at all times. Forget about not having an address or bank. How would you get a job if you show up every morning with all your gear? And you would be cold, and have no way to get warm. And then the rain comes.
>>
>>18076330
babby
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.