[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Injured partner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

I'm a semi pro figure skater.

Last week during training, I fucked up a twist throw (something like pic related).
Basically I didn't have the right balance before the throw and tried to compensate with upper body strength which was a big mistake. I couldn't catch her at all and she hit the ice violently on her back and her skull crashed on the floor with a big impact.

She laid unconscious and stayed in a coma for 5 hours.

I feel incredibly guilty and I decided to stop ice skating in pairs for good. However my partner woke up and she asked me to skate with her as soon as possible, saying she counts on me for next years competitions.

How do I tell her I want to quit?
>>
(sorry for the bad english)
>>
Don't quit, she forgave you. It should be easier to forgive yourself now. Don't quit anon
>>
>>18075850

It's easy for her because she doesn't remember the accident at all.
I had to call the ambulance while she was unconscious, I thought she was going to die
>>
>>18075836

First of all congrats on something that I could never do, being able to even seriously attempt something like that is quite an accomplishment.

Second, mistakes happen. You didn't mean to drop her, it was an accident. That's what practice/training is for. You probably aren't the first figure skater to do something like this, and I understand how you could be feeling guilty, but you have to remember:

1) Your partner didn't die/get paralyzed/slip into a coma. From what it sounds like, she's going to be 100% okay and back to skating at some point. So while shitty, it was nowhere near as bad as it could have been.
2) She's forgiven you, and asked you to skate with her again, even saying she counts on you, so she clearly still trusts you even though you had an accident. She sounds like a good partner.

I'd say talk to her. Tell her how you feel. She's the most important party involved other than yourself, and if she's as understanding as she seems, she should try and help you work through some of your guilty feelings.

Then, get back into it slowly. I don't know much about how figure skaters practice moves like that, but start from ground zero and work up as you get more comfortable. You're clearly aware of how the move went awry, so you can focus on correcting that mistake the next time you practice the move.

Forgive yourself, my friend. Accidents are accidents. Don't quit.
>>
>>18075836
Improve for your partners sake.
>>
>>18075836
If you learn from your mistake then don't quit.
If you did not learn from your mistake, or feel confident that you did, tell her that you fear doing it again and must quit.
>>
>>18075887

It's probably not about level. It was such a silly mistake, I still don't know why I threw her. It happened hundreds of time to feel that the throw will not be okey, and in this case I don't throw her.

I still have no idea why this time I made such a begginer's mistake

>>18075886
>>18075895

I'm afraid that I won't be able to throw her at all, even starting slow...
I've always known there was an accident risk but I never lived it myself.
Without 100% trust skating in pairs is more than dangerous, especially for the girl
>>
>>18075865
And she's the one who could have actually fucking died, yet she still forgave you.
>>
>>18075966

To be honest she forgave me but I don't know what she really thinks.
She's very introverted (not, she just doesn't need to express her feelings) and I can never know hat she thinks. I thought she would be mad at me when she waoke up, I was really surprised...
She might have said that only to cheer me up
>>
>>18075836

Isn't this the plot to some shitty ice skating movie?
>>
Fuck that, just quit. You don't need to have something wrong with your technique to decide it's not worth it to you risking someone else's life for ice skating.
>>
>>18076020

That's my way of reasoning too... I'll guess I'll just have to be honest
>>
My girlfriend is a figure skating coach and former skater. I can't believe how hard you guys are on your body! Yikes... such a rough sport.
>>
>>18076096

Yeah, we're used to deal with pains and injuries,
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.