[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I help my girlfriend with high functioning anxiety? My

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1476943410328.jpg (37KB, 500x458px) Image search: [Google]
1476943410328.jpg
37KB, 500x458px
How do I help my girlfriend with high functioning anxiety?

My girlfriend's been a very outgoing, fun and friendly person for almost all her life, but she's started changing since last year after things progressively started going wrong for her. She takes way more stress than necessary to begin with, and now that she's almost the complete opposite of what she was a couple of years ago, the thought of everything is causing even more stress/anxiety/panic. It gets so bad at times that she just lies on her bed while her body aches and just cries helplessly, not interacting with a soul for days. Meanwhile, I'm at my place not knowing what the fuck I can do to help her and just lose my shit.

Help
>>
That's depression, not just anxiety.

Some people have that when they need love and attention. I assume you are giving her that.

Get her to a psychologist or psychiatrist. Even if it's anxiety, and not depression, it's still a real disease, with known treatments and drugs that can help her.
>>
>>18075652
I've suggested her a psychiatrist, but she's not a big believer with them because many of them in our country are unqualified and can do more harm than good with their wrong medication, and also, the thought of sitting in front of a random stranger and talking, let alone being vulnerable terrifies her.
>>
>>18075671
Convince her that she is not crazy. She is normal and she is having a difficult time, everyone goes through that at some point. It's not her fault or drama, she is sick. Tell her a psychiatrist won't recommend medication unless it is a last resort, especially if you specifically ask them that. You can also ask around for a qualified one, most people have visited psychiatrists in their lives, just ask your friends, phone the psychiatrist beforehand and talk with them.

There's really no way around it, all you can do in this situation is convince her to visit a psychiatrist.
>>
>>18075682
It's not that she doesn't want to go to one because she thinks it'll come off as her being crazy, she just can't. She's been having this thing where she can't talk to people with ease anymore. She used to have to prepare everyday before she had to face her tutor was coming and later ended up firing him. The only person that she talks to outside of her family is me if you don't count the occasional small talk on social media. She flat out broke down crying yesterday when I talked about the psychiatrist again. I don't think I should force her to see her if she doesn't want to. But, then again I see no other alternative.
>>
File: 1430932987080.jpg (22KB, 192x256px) Image search: [Google]
1430932987080.jpg
22KB, 192x256px
>>18075741
The cure is not sweet, but she needs to take it before it gets even worse. She should have seen one much, much earlier, this depression/anxiety apparently evolved in scary ways.

You should contact a psychiatrist yourself and go alone, explain the situation. They might have better advice on how to get her to go. Really, don't take any advice from /adv/ on how because this situation is extremely fragile, the wrong move can make her even worse, get professional help
>>
Sounds like my girlfriend. I don't know w h at to do either. She says therapy doesn't work but the constant negativity is messing me up. I just try to be there for her when she has panic attacks or feels like everything is about to end. It's really fucking hard though and I'm reaching a breaking point.
>>
>>18075758
Thanks for the help, anon. I'll see what I can do.

>>18075770
I would suggest that you don't leave her now if you two are even slightly attached to each other. Because in my case, I know if I do that(not that I want to), it's gonna completely destroy her and end up with her making really bad decisions, maybe even offing herself.
>>
>>18075770
>>18075806
Yeah, don't abandon them. These girls grew attached to you two, if their life has anything close to a "bastion of hope", it is you. Abandoning them would break them mentally. Just insist on seeking professional treatment, I can tell you from experience that it works, it's not pseudo-science or anything, if they want to approach this from a rational view it's chemical imbalances in their brain and they can take medicine to soothe it.
>>
>>18075815
Well I dont want to hijack the thread but my girlfriend took happy pills and did some therapy. Didn't really help though and now it seems she isn't willing to try again. I won't abandon her but it's hard dealing with this black void of negativity that she turns into every few weeks. I'd like her to try therapy again because in my opinion she has a lot of baggage from her messed up childhood but without her wanting it there is nothing I can do.
>>
>>18075671
What country are you in OP? usually Psychiatrists are fine.
>>
>>18076481
Unless it's Bangladesh.
>Inb4 shitskin
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.