[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japanese culture, traditions, lore today.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 196731_1355884618022_full.jpg (354KB, 650x433px) Image search: [Google]
196731_1355884618022_full.jpg
354KB, 650x433px
Anons, I recently came up with the idea to manufactur a game. I already came up with a title as that kind of just hit me and I immediatly got interested.
But I am already stuck at the first thing in the process of creating it as I haven't even the slightest clue about japanese culture, traditions, lore, feelings, family, all of these which are sole components of what this game will be built upon.

End idea is to be able to create an epic game experience from advice from you anons.
Game will give the user a great insight in learning the game because of it's massive story content and pedagogy.
Mechanics will be fast but simple to use, no jumping across to the other side of the keyboard. User experience will be a good feel japanese way of drawing.

Though I do have a few requirements they are irrelevant:

You'll be playing as a boy.
You be playing in Japan in the 8th century
The goal throughout and of the story in the game will be to give ther user a feel of love, sadness and joy.

Title: House of Sakagami
Genre and vital elements of the game: Epic story of a family with a twist of mythology, fantasy, lore, traditions and feelings.
Technology:
2D graphics, real-time, physics, singleplayer.
>>
>>18075378
take it to >>>/jp/
>>
>>18075386

>Implying /jp/ will want to talk about traditional Japanese culture

Well anyways OP, you better start looking at some history pages.
>>
You're tackling this from a completely off view. You basically have nothing, but an extremely loose non-researched idea you probably got from some energy spike. You should realizw that games are a long term committment and that you need to follow a good pipeline to get shit done. Also you have to bring all the people and budget on board.
The reality is, no one is interested in yet another completely unoriginal story and setting where you play as a little Japanese guy/girl.
>>
>>18075828
It's the harsh truth. If you want the succes that others don't have then you should stand out. Come up with an important aspect in the game which is unique. Go for either unique gameplay, story or graphics for starters.
>>
So you got some random element scattered and you are already thinking of a game without most essential features.
You need a story. You need to do some worldbuilding, even if your game intends to be historical.
Where are you going to get the artist? The game lofic will also take a while to implement, but as a programmer I cann tell you it's not such a big deal if you have the other elements and are ready to make it.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.