[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help /adv/ My gf keeps nagging me about how we never do things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1473255534794.jpg (66KB, 437x437px) Image search: [Google]
1473255534794.jpg
66KB, 437x437px
Help /adv/

My gf keeps nagging me about how we never do things together and I can't understand why it is so important

basically she says that hanging out, playing games, watching movies, walking and going out for drinks/food is not what makes a couple or whatever the fuck that means

she says she wants 'to make memories' and has this idea that we must do things to make those memories, I am guessing like watching the fucking sun set from the top of a mountain and have these movie moments

like, she wants dates to be something different and special, as if that's how it works

what the fuck do I do? I just want to have a gf, not live in a coca cola commercial

thanks in advance

and if I don't reply to anyone it's because this board does not let me reply or refresh the catalogue from to time
>>
>>18074720
She's telling you that you're boring her and she wants to do more with you. I don't know why you have the attitude of "that's not how it goes" but it is precisely how it goes for some people and she knows it. If you don't change real quick, she's going to find someone who is willing to do these things and depending on how attached you are to her, you're going to end up heartbroken and wondering what went wrong. Then you'll come here wondering what went wrong.
>>
>>18074720

Spending time with your significant other is quite important for a relationship. If you don't spend time together you'll just grow apart and lose interest in each other. Making it special rather than just hanging out is what it makes it a relationship, rather than just a friendship with benefits.
>>
>>18074720
She wants to take a trip stupid. A vacation.

Too bad she's a stupid bitch and puts it all on your shoulders.

Dump her and find a girl who is mature and can comunicate.
>>
>>18074720
What she's asking for, idiot, are some signs from you that you are invested in this relationship and it isn't just easy and taken for granted.

Just hanging out and the rest doesn't cost you anything - not money, but in effort and showing her she matters enough for you to demonstrate that being with her is special to you.

Yes, that is the WHOLE point of "movie moments" - that they are special because of her and your feelings for her. That's the whole point of spending a load of money on a really flash dinner, or on spending hardly any money on some cheesy gesture like bring her flowers.

She wants you to do something JUST to show you love her.
>>
>>18074746
>>18074756
>>18074757
>>18074762
Shit, guys, that osam so annoying

I just wanna do the fucc and go on with my day

And i don't have money for any of that, I'm poor as fuck and I can't waste cash on her snowflake feelings

I guess l am not a relationship person
I can see this ending pretty badly

Thanks lads
>>
>>18074792
That sounds so annoying *
>>
>>18074792
The best and kindest thing for you to do is break with her with a "It's not you, it's me." You clearly are just using her as a convenience, andd she deserves better.
>>
>>18074792
>Sounds so annoying
lmao did you actually think she's going to put up with someone who doesn't even minimal effort into the relationship?
>>
>>18074811
Bur she means a lot to me
>>18074817
I expected a relationship wouldn't require constant once in a lifetime events to keep her satisfied
>>
File: 1371228077663.jpg (32KB, 243x312px) Image search: [Google]
1371228077663.jpg
32KB, 243x312px
>>18074841
>I expected a relationship wouldn't require constant once in a lifetime events to keep her satisfied

Not constant, she just wants at least one "holy shit" moment from you. "Building memories" doesn't have to be a fucking sunset on top of a mountain or an expensive holiday. You didn't really provide any background about what she likes and dislikes, so coming up with a cool day with your girlfriend is kind of hard.
>>
>>18074841

Life consists of once in a lifetime experiences and while in a relationship you're supposed to share those with your significant other.
>>
>>18074720

I guess "doing stuff together" is part of building the intimacy and sense of companionship youi need in a long term relationship to keep going

You can continue as you do for the moment, but the relationship will wither and you will grow apart - and judging by her attitude, she will end up leaving it for something more stimulating.

Nobody has time to lose on a boring relationship!

Relationships have to be nurtured and grown, it needs comittment from both sides.
>>
>>18074856
No, that's what she wants, dude
She wants something to blow her mind because regular things couples do are not enough
I listed some of the things in the original post

Going out and hangouts are not enough
Watching a game, brunch, dinners, walks, movies, museums, shows, etc is not enough for a cool day

She expects me to come up with stuff that is different

I'm probably gonna break up with her because I'm not in the position to do anything of the sort, mostly because I'm poor as I said

Inb4 le money is not important

It is if you're expected to be a miracle maker who makes dreams come true

And the thing is, other couples we know are perfectly happy with the shit I listed, it's just that she wants her fantasies to come true

>>18074867
No it doesn't
It's mundane and boring and wow things happen rarely for average joes
>>
>>18074792
>can't waste cash on her snowflake feelings
damn dude
she would be right to leave you, you don't seem like a caring partner at all
also spending quality time with someone you love doesn't necessarily cost money
>>
>>18074720
Bf and I have been together for years, and dined at every restaurant around us. Went to the same places for a while.

We both got the sudden urge to just do more shit. We're both not the most exciting of people and "adventures" make us tired. For years we stayed local. Dates involved hanging out at home and dining locally. While we still enjoyed each other's company, it felt like we just had to do something else.

While the new things we tried weren't extravagant, we did do some new stuff.

We planned a fancy ass restaurant date out of the blue. The place was this beautiful creole restaurant where every meal was around 50 bucks. We reserved a balcony seat at sunset. And sat up there, dressed nicely, and drank and ate delicious expensive food and chatted about people passing by. While it wasn't a movie moment, that was a really fond memory I have with him.

We also rented a hotel for a weekend and went to a local music festival. We went to theme parks. We went to Oktoberfest last fall. We went to the beach even though he hates the beach and just laid out in the sun for a few hours and took a nap together. Then we went for a walk on the pier at sunset and just people watched and talked.

While these aren't things we off-the-bat like to do, it still felt like we needed to do them.

So now, like maybe once every month or two, we plan something special. We seem to simultaneously get the itch to do something exciting around then.

Just go for it. I am a total homebody, but doing this shit every once in a while felt so necessary for the relationship.
>>
>>18074885
>It's mundane and boring

And this is how your gf feels about your relationship right now. You're clearly not compatible, either leave her or wait till she leaves you.
>>
>>18074792
>I just wanna do the fucc and go on with my day
>>18074841
>Bur she means a lot to me
Dude pick one. You say she means a lot to you, but all you want to do of fuck. You spend time together to help build a connection and intimacy. You don't have to spend every waking moment with your gf, but why are you even in a relationship with her if you don't want to do anything with her?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.