[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are video games consideted as illegitimate as a hobby? Is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Why are video games consideted as illegitimate as a hobby?

Is because of a stigma, or do normalfags actually have a point?

I've held back on gaming a lot and it might be a subconscious aversion to it due to the stigma of it. However, it's one of the few things that I can enjoy doing.
>>
>>18074519
>Why are video games consideted as illegitimate as a hobby?

Dude its 2017, video games have been considered to be a legitimate hobby for years now. If you believe that they aren't you might very well be autistic.

Its not a cool hobby to have, yes but so is are shitton of other legitimate hobbies.
>>
theres a decent sized segment of the population that actually doesnt out of spite because they end up being on the losing side of the is it acceptable debate. but in general your good and as long is not the only thing you do.
>>
>>18074520
>Dude its 2017, video games have been considered to be a legitimate hobby for years now.
Then maybe I'm thinking of traditional conservatives
>>
Because it isolates you from society, helps you become antisocial, and it is generally seen as escapism from real world problems.
>>
File: 1487523114468.jpg (16KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
1487523114468.jpg
16KB, 500x342px
>>18074519
It is a hobby. If you play for fun and have other things to do, then it's fine

The only reason people might think otherwise is because everyone plays vidya. It's almost equivalent to people saying "Sleeping and eating are my hobbies lol!!!!!" Vidya is also highly tied to children/manchildren, unhealthy lifestyles, and lack of social interaction.
>>
>Why are video games consideted as illegitimate as a hobby?

It's the biggest entertainment industry in history.

The only social stigmas stem from ignorance like >>18074541
>>
>>18074519
I don't think it's illegitimate, but it is a "low tier" hobby.
It's like saying that watching netflix, shitposting or facebook is your hobby. Sure, legitimate, but I'd rather shot myself that talk to you.
>>
>>18074559

This.

Video games (like movies, Tv-shows, etc.) are just easy consumption entertainment. Sure, you can call that your hobby, but come on, would you take someone who says their hobby is to watch TV shows seriously.
>>
I consider it a hobby, just not a good one. Same goes for all forms of consuming media.

I don't think its bad because its geeky, its bad because it requires no skill and almost everyone does it. Its on par with considering eating and food a hobby.
>>
>>18074519
Normal. People. Play video games. This isn't fifteen years ago.
>>
>>18074563
>but come on, would you take someone who says their hobby is to watch TV shows seriously.

Well, I wouldn't really judge them from a single hobby.
>>
>>18074519
Because they are for children
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.