[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: wash dish.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
wash dish.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
Hello all, I've just been offered a job as a dishwasher at a place where hospitality is a specialty if you know what I mean. The thing is, I've never worked before and am pretty young and I'm afraid I won't be able to handle it after so many people have told me I would be miserable first day in. This is a full time job and am supposed to meet the staff tomorrow to discuss the position and see the people involved. Am I making a mistake? I don't want to quit only a month going in and I didn't originally apply for this job. I got in because I was recommended but I don't want to make that person look bad either. What should I do should I cancel right now?
>>
its washing dishes, if you find that difficult dont know what to tell ya buddy
>>
Jobs suck. You'll get used to it.

Washing dishes is so fucking easy too. Gotta start somewhere.

At least you don't have to deal with cutting off old drunk bastards who are quick to swing at you while you're working behind the bar.
>>
Thanks guys, I'll take your opinions into consideration when I go tomorrow. I guess I'll start there to get experience and then move somewhere else when I can.
>>
>>18074539

Exactly.

Start as a dishwasher; do a good job. Over time, try get them to train you as a waiter, and then after that, to work the counters. If they have a bar, then try learn bartending.

Once you have this experience, you can basically work anywhere in the world in restaurants/bars. I know a lot of people that go traveling on working holidays and get jobs in hospo.

From there, you can springboard into a different industry. Customer service experience is an important baseline for a lot of other types of work. At this point, you will have thst fabled "previous work experience required". You can get into being a receptionist or a callcenter person for a significant bump in wage. From there, employ the same concept. Do a good job; try to move into over departments to expand/develop your skills. Even if you have a tertiary qualification, this is how it works.

Hospitality is grueling work, but it's a great baseline for getting into the workforce. Further it will develop your character such that you will not be a shitty person to customer service people in the future.

Tl;dr: go for it (if you're willing to work hard)
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.