[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Too late for wow ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1486652506110.jpg (160KB, 997x750px) Image search: [Google]
1486652506110.jpg
160KB, 997x750px
Hello all, i don't know if it's the right place to ask this, but i fear my thread would be quickly prunned on /v or /vg.

I'm a french student and i'm currently looking for an internship. And i'm failing finding one. The thing is when i don't struggle finding an internship opportunity, i have nothing else to do. I have a lot of free time on my hands. And this lonelyness, the failures stacking (employers always end declining my application), begin to hit me hard.

I need to empty my head. And so, I was wondering if it would be worth it if i played wow again.

The problem is, last time i played was 2 years ago, and at this time i loved raiding. I was wondering if it was possible to catch up, max a character 110 and then raid seriously with a guild. How many time would it take ? (i have lvl 100 characters).

If you think it's fucked for me, then maybe i will do something else like hitting the gym or jogging.

Apart that, what piece of advice could you give to a young student who struggle finding a job/internship, and begins to lose hope ?
>>
>>18074447
i don't think playing wow will help you with your problems. what might actually happen is that you just delay your application process, because you found something else to spend time on and regret it afterwards.
>>
>>18074447
Takes about 2 full days of play to level to 110. Getting geared enough to raid depends on how lucky you are and whether or not you have friends to help you, or if you can find a raid group that's willing to take a little time to get you up to speed.

I wouldn't look at wow to be a solution to any of your problems, and in fact getting immersed in it to forget about your troubles can be a problem. For me, wow is a little problematic, but a lot of my social life is there and it keeps me from getting in trouble in other ways.
>>
I'd honestly do a different MMO. It will be a more balanced experience where you'll start from the ground up instead of being in a world that's simultaneously familiar and confusing and running around in circles trying to understand what the new norms are.

Or yeah desu just go to the gym.
>>
>>18074447
I'm a 21 years old student, planning to look for an internship this summer. What are you studying, and what are you applying for?

This is how I see it:
If I were you I wouldn't play wow, it's pretty much like a drug. I would regret having spent so much time, energy and resources on it.

I would get some music and workout with it in the background. You can even do it at home, start doing bodyweight exercises or if you are lazy to plan it just follow the videos of programmes like P90X3 or T25 (you can torrent them for free). Exercise can make you be more in the moment, focus on your body and release tension and energy, plus you'll look better and feel better so it will improve your confidence.

Situation depends on your field, maybe it's not that easy to find it on yours, or there may be something you are lacking that you can fix.

I would say workout to free your mind, maybe hangout with friends if you have them and don't get discouraged already.
>>
I played WoW for 10 years. I had some fun but I sometimes shed tears at the time I lost playing that shit. Basically my late teens and much of my 20s were spent chasing dragons. There are so many things I could have done better with that time.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.