[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I in the wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

So /adv/, I really need some advice here.

I've been seeing this girl for a month now (pic related) and it's great, we get along really well and I think I really like her to the point where I am almost in love with her.

The thing is, I told her that around Valentine's so she knows how I feel about her. Last Monday, I was spending time at hers just hanging out and I see her setting up a new dating profile on the app that we first started talking on. When I asked her about it, because it upset me and dug into my self confidence, she got upset with me and said that I've broken her trust in me because I saw her do that.

She is on anti-depressants and has been in a relationship in which she was engaged to a guy that actually beat and abuse her for three years. That relationship was two years ago, and while I appreciate that something like that can have a lasting effect on someone, I don't believe that I have come even a smidgen close to him.

Three days later (today) and she has been ignoring me since then. I keep trying to talk to her about it but she just doesn't want to know. I know she is active on the apps we use to talk but she is actively avoiding any interaction with me.

So what do I do?
>>
>>18074417
Bitch don't wanna be limited to one dick, throw it out there that if she's gonna be chatting to other guys you're gonna do the same with other girls and slowly you become less of a cuck and you end up in an open relationship
>>
She seems immature and emotionally disconnected.

The fact that she feels betrayed by you seeing her do something is moronic, If you don't wanna get caught doing something distasteful then the obvious answer would be to not do it when someone else is with you.

Obviously, I think you're entitled to feel upset about her continuing use of the online dating particularly when she's supposed to be spending time with you. But this feels like it's a problem with communication, you should really talk to her about how she feels about your relationship as well. Just because you've told her how she feels doesn't mean she feels the same way, and her fucking about with dating profiles while you're around may have been intentional (in a really slimy pathetic way) to get you to realise that she's just not that into you.
>>
>>18074434

Fuck.

>told her how she feels

Supposed to be 'told her how you feel'
>>
Sounds like she's attracted to men that beat her and not to you. I would have dropped her hard and not confess anything else. Then again, I'm a virgin so there's that.
>>
>>18074434
I have sent her a message asking how she feels about the whole situation but with her being at work and her mood towards me, I doubt I'll be getting anything back soon

>>18074439
Here's the thing, she told me that she enjoys abusive sex to which I happily and consensually comply with, not a major thing for me but I can get a small kick from it and she loves it so I can only guess she has crossed wires about her past experience
>>
>>18074417
>she got upset with me and said that I've broken her trust in me because I saw her do that.

That's bullshit. This isn't something you learned from snooping on her, you saw her do it in front of you. That she even did this in front of you shows that either she has zero respect and consideration for you, or she did it deliberately to give you specific information about her interest in you and to get a reaction. Maybe both.

She may feel like her righteous indignation from your reaction gives her justification for simply not behaving like a decent person and being up front with you with how she feels, but whatever. Now you know: she's not serious about you.

If someone did this to me, I would realize that I'm chasing a dead end and bail.

I don't think you need to wait for her to tell you how she feels about everything, her actions have already given you plenty of information.

I think your refusal to acknowledge it is based on wishful thinking.
>>
>>18074475
I'm naturally optimistic (bad, I know!) but yeah, I am starting to come round to the obvious
>>
>>18074417
I'd be upset with someone I knew for one month that thought they had the right to tell me what I can and cannot do. You are not in a relationship an she owes you nothing.

You can bet her ex didn't start out first day beating her but gradually and she is sensitive to the warning signs. You know, like someone she barely knows calling her out and getting angry about doing something any normal single woman may do.
>>
>>18074491
being naturally optimistic is good

the one thing I said to myself after reading your post is - "the only thing I know, is that I know nothing."

People are just fucked man, they flip like sardines in a pond, one moment there's this then another moment that..
People are naturally inconsistent and unreliable. The ones who do show consistency and reliability are the ones you should associate yourself with, not these types of people.
I had a gf who was absolutely bonkers and took no meds at all, she used to pull shit like this, then later on act like an angel
It's an up-and-down cycle, she was abused as well, when It's good It's extremely good and when It's bad It's extremely bad, and the reason they do this is because they got used to the victim-abuser cycle and will do anything so you'll abuse them.

Forget about interacting with such a person. Hope you take my advice but good luck anyhow!
>>
>>18074502
She set up a new dating profile two weeks after deleting the one that I first started talking to her through. I just wondered why, I didn't say that she couldn't do so.
>>
>>18074513
again you assumed incorrectly a relationship was budding. her setting up a new site means she is still looking and not attached to you. you need to move on and find someone else
>>
>>18074417

Do not put your name and a picture of the girl you're interested in on the internet. What the actual fuck is wrong with you.

To your post, I'm inclined to agree with
>>18074502 in that she doesn't owe you anything and you can't tell her what to do.

However, setting up a dating profile right when hanging with a love interest is a shitty thing to do. And then to say that ' you've broken her trust in you' is complete stupidity and bullshit. Sounds like emotional manipulation to me.

I say wait a bit, and if she doesn't come round, then drop her. If she's willing to disrespect you (as another person) at this stage, i wonder what she'd be willing to do if you continued.
>>
>>18074417
She wants to know what her options are.
She's probably not into you like that therefore can't return your feels and would rather talk to other guys like most sloots today and keep you in the back burner.
She is probably not attracted to you. Hit the gym and take a break from grills
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.