[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I get my life together?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4466.jpg (25KB, 468x381px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4466.jpg
25KB, 468x381px
'm still in high school, if that helps for context. I have overdue projects in three out of the seven classes I'm taking this year, and I have two projects due tomorrow in two other classes, one I will definitely not be able to get done and one that I can probably do but I still procrastinated way to much on it. I'm also having a large amount of trouble keeping up with daily homework assignments as well, many of which I just have not done. I have trouble focusing and starting assignments and I'm not entirely sure how to fix it. I've said I was going to do the whole "start your homework as soon as you get home from school" thing, and I really have tried, but honestly I'm just so exhausted by the end of the day that I just physically cannot make myself stay awake; I need to take naps, even though I usually get around 7-8 hours of sleep each night. I don't know what I'm going to do when I have to go to college, and I'm honestly starting to doubt whether it's even worth it. I read a lot of nonfiction (mostly business books, but some philosophy, cosmology, astronomy, and history) and I've learned wayyy more from that than from school, not to mention that most of it (business and finance mainly) just feel more relevant in my daily life than anything I've learned in school. (Continued below)
>>
2/3 I have a lot of ideas for products and businesses I could create, and I sorta want to be an entrepreneur but at the same time I'm kinda scared to actually put money into any of these because what if they fail. I'm not sure if starting my own business would make a college degree unnecessary, and if it did I could at least put the money into the business, but if it fails I'm not sure what I would do. Not to mention, I don't think that I have enough discipline to really do this. I wish I could start now but I don't know how I could find the time, since I can't even do my school work now. I also kinda hate myself because I feel like I haven't pushed myself enough in high school because my grades aren't that good (mostly Bs which doesn't sound that bad, but I somehow managed to get in the 99th percentile on my SATs on the first try without having taken any prep classes which probably should make me feel better but it just shows that I had the potential for so much more but I didn't do it and I don't even know how I would go about doing it) and I don't really have anything else going for me either. (Continued below)
>>
3/3 I can draw sort of well if I have enough time but I lack the patience to actually focus on anything so good drawings by me are rare. Even though I'm at what the internet says is a healthy weight, I don't eat all that well and I rarely exercise so I would definitely not consider myself healthy. I'm also not super pretty or anything, I wouldn't consider myself ugly, but my looks are just kinda plain and my hair always has flyaways unless I put a ton of product in but then it just looks greasy which I think is worse. This got really long and I'm sorry, but thank you for reading if you got this far. I'm also sorry about all the poor grammar, I just really needed to get this out. I'm basically just trying to ask if you have any ideas for how I can get my life together. Thanks!!
>>
>>18074146
i skimmed as it was tldr, but judging from what I saw, I can tell you that you remind me of me, when i was in school. I'm now 30.

I was never the school type. I felt the whole concept, structure, and execution of school is an antiquated concept, and I could never focus, I always procrastinated, and I never got shit done on time, and I hardly ever did homework because quite frankly at the time, I couldn't find the capacity to give a shit about filling out worksheets, glueing cardboard together, and memorizing dates.

I ended up skipping school to the point that I couldn't pass due to absences until I dropped out.

Here's how it happened:

>parents started getting phone calls about my absences
>mom schedules a visit with me and a guidance counselor
>I agree to talk with them
>they try to convince me to get held back and continue my highschool career
>I decide to drop out
>my mom freaks out like it's the end of the world, and is upset for a couple of weeks
>it isn't

Now the only way this can work, is if you hit the ground running and just start working... at a job. Not at some dumb ass idea or scheme or internet marketing bullshit... a real job, flipping burgers, delivering pizzas, or whatever.

The sooner you get into the work force, the better, because I can tell you this... after watching my friends graduate and move onto college and then try to find their way, I realized that they have to do the same damn thing anyways.
In retrospect, the most important thing you can do, regardless of what happens with school or college, is to find a person who is highly successful... and I mean on the cusp of success. This person will be wealthy. They will be a business owner. They will be a douchey. They will have a drive in them that you don't understand. But if you find that person, and you work for that person, you'll find your way.
>>
>>18074146
>>18074181

My assessment of you, is that like me, you just aren't in it. (school)

When I'm not passionate about something, it's far better to just come to grips with it and move on, otherwise I'll drag it out, and it will hold me back. I suspect you are the same way... as a matter of fact, I suspect everyone is that way on some level or another. I always felt this way, but I never fully understood how to explain it, which is part of the reason it was so hard for me to finally cut ties with public education.

I have since gotten my GED and attended college only to experience the same thing. I just don't jive with that kind of "learning" style. I like being outside. I like talking to people that make shit happen. I like solving real world problems, and finding creative ways to get things done.

That's what employers want. Not some bookworm herb that only does well on paper.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.