[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to start streaming.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Logo I plan on using..jpg (2MB, 2000x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Logo I plan on using..jpg
2MB, 2000x2500px
Hey /adv/ I wanted to start getting into twitch streaming, and I honestly have no idea where to begin or what the fuck I'm doing. Everywhere I read says to join a community but I have no idea where to even start that shit. I used to start a thread on /b/ and people would come watch to troll, and I ended up entertaining them and they'ed drop a follow then leave. Nobody ever comes back, and I really enjoy talking to the chat while I play a game. I really just enjoy it, ya know?

Anyways, I'm not asking for handouts, or saying "Hey go follow me" I just wanted some advice or maybe someone to point me in the right direction for this kinda thing.
>>
how many hours a day do you have to devote to this?. I think one of the KEY elements of having a dedicated fan base is to be committed and be constantly available with new content. If you are only streaming for an hour a day every other day people will go elsewhere to someone who is more dedicated. If you are spontaneous with it then people won't follow you but will be available when you are just like forum or 4chan.
>>
I personally believe dedication as a twitch streamer will get you far.

Be entertaining. Play games you're interested in. Be something people want to watch, but don't stop being yourself. The views will come.
>>
>>18074149
Honestly, I was going to set a two hour standard throughout the weekdays. But I wanted to know if there were any communities out there to kinda co cast with. Even if I'm not streaming being a presence is helpful.
I just get really disheartened after an hour and a half an no views, you know what I mean?
>>
>>18074168
Yeah, I totally get that and I've changed my image to be a little less cringey, but I'm hoping finding a community to help give me a push will help tons.
>>
Either be hella good, hella enterntaining or hella big tits
>>
>>18074180
Sadly I'm male, My boob size won't help me.
>>
>>18074175

>I just get really disheartened after an hour and a half an no views, you know what I mean?

I think your patience then is really what is stopping you. You can't be so impatient or you will fail. That applies to anything. Most times when you pay attention you DON'T see growth. You have to give yourself a reasonable amount of time. An hour with no views is normal, shit a week without views is probably normal. Shit builds up slowly. At least you have nothing to lose. It's not a business where you invested 30k in and if you fail you're in debt or whatever. This is small investment and if you make it you can get fucking big. This generation of connectivity offers an opportunity like no other. You may have the talent and dedication to do this but if you're patience is going to block you then shit, well you are your own enemy. Fight your patience. Push through even if nobody is watching. Find a game you want to play (even if you already played it) and play the FUCK out of it while streaming and commenting. Still you might get some viewers if you say funny shit.
>>
>>18074189
That's true, I definitely need to just say fuck it and stream more. I think I was at the point of streaming a few times a week for about two to three hours with a good cast of friends.
>>
>>18074193

Do you want to casually play with friends? or like show off and become a star?. I JUST went on Twitch just now and looked up some live stream of Zelda Ocarina of Time and saw some hipster teen faggot acting all "cool" and shit while playing. Looked fucking retarded. I'm not sure if that's how you want to be but if that's the case yeah, I don't think you will have thick enough skin. People will be talking shit so if you take "no views" as disheartening I can only imagine how you'll take people talking mad shit especially if you have the same attitude as that cat.
>>
>>18074198
Actually I really enjoy when people talk shit. I find it fucking hilarious and they usually turn out to be pretty cool people towards the end of the stream.
Fuck I browse 4chan. That should tip that off.
No but I usually just casually play, and enjoy what I do. Sometimes I'll switch to another game if it seems like it's getting boring watching me fail at it (The binding of Isaac) But i totally love trolls. They're my favorite.
>>
>>18074200

>Fuck I browse 4chan.

I hear that but me and 4chan have an understanding. It's fair game say anything you want. I have no identity and neither does the person I'm talking to. If I had a user name and I knew they knew me personally I think it would be different. Especially if they were talking shit about something I cared about.

Every thread I start in I start new. If I had my comments from the past following me and I fucked up and said some embarrassingly stupid shit I would probably want to delete my account and create a new identity.
>>
>>18074206
Yeah that's fair, thanks for all the advice, hell most of it's been motivation. I'm still wondering if there's a good community to join though.
Something like that could definitely help out.
>>
Well I'm heading to bed now, if you end up wanting to check me out my username is JackofallSlades
Thanks for the advice guys.
>>
>>18074237

I found you, take it easy. If you happen to play some N64 shit I'd probably watch or resident evil. I'm into old school shit. I don't play new bullshit unless it's first person shooter and not that battfield shit.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.