[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anxiety with dating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_9829.png (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9829.png
5KB, 225x225px
I posted this originally in a thread, but I think it probably deserves its own..

Does anyone get extreme anxiety when it comes to the opposite sex?

I met this girl 2 years ago that I really liked, well when we started dating, around that exact same time I start to feel more and more anxious in life. I'd wake up feeling very tense and stressed in the morning and everything. Nothing bad ever happened between us btw to cause such anxiety. Things with her ended after a while and I went through a hellish amount of anxiety for a few weeks. Then magically I felt clear. Literally I felt like I was refreshed. It was weird. Anyways, I felt clear and clear for months and months. I met another girl, almost immediately after we started dating, I started waking up stressed and tense in the mornings.... and so on. I ended things with her because of the anxiety. She actually said she wanted to help me through it, but I couldn't. Things ended.

I don't think I'm capable of having a relationship. I'm honestly starting to believe an emotional connection with someone isn't healthy. Which sucks because I feel lonley. But fuck, I can't go through this weird anxiety anymore. It literally starts up as soon as it appears I'm about to enter a relationship. It has nothing to do with any specific girl. It just happens. I can be platonic with a girl, but as soon as things start going emotional... it really fucks me up
>>
File: frog launcher.png (175KB, 539x612px) Image search: [Google]
frog launcher.png
175KB, 539x612px
>>18073923
I have the same exact problem. Mine might be a little worse than yours though. Whenever I think about most social situations i'm going to go into either the day before or the day of, even if it's with people I have been comfortable with before sometimes, i'll get a lot of gas and have to shit a lot, and my balls shrivel up. Heart rate increases sometimes too. Especially with women. The need to shit stops when i'm actually with anyone, but the balls feeling is still there usually. Usually the day after I feel completely better.

I don't really have any advice, just thought i'd share because i'm in the same boat and really want to purge this forever
>>
I've had that problem before and don't really have advice for fixing it. Maybe you haven't met the right girl?

It sounds stupid but the girl I've been talking to lately doesn't make me anxious at all. If anything, I get more anxiety from the thought of not seeing her. Like, whenever were talking or hanging out every bit of anxiety just goes away.

Sorry if that isn't much help, but your best bet is to be open and if she likes you she'll accept you for who you are.
>>
>>18073923

> I'm honestly starting to believe an emotional connection with someone isn't healthy. Which sucks because I feel lonley

There is nothing unhealthy about emotional conneciton with someone - but your fear of it probably is.
It's up to you to unravel what might be the source of your anxiety - are you afraid to lose the affection of said person? to disappoint them? to depend on them? do you fear intimacy? etc...

There might be a few reasons for your panic to happend, but without more context they are difficult to decipher.
>>
I'm the exact same, and I wish I had a simple answer.

I literally vomit out of anxiety when I'm around someone that my brain has made an emotional connection with.

I think, with me personally, it's to do with shame; as if subconsciously both the idea of her rejecting me and simultaneously the way other people might negatively perceive us if we did speak just crushes me from all angles. Their mere existence starts to cripple me.

It's been a year since I was last like this simply due to the fact I haven't met anyone since then, so I can't know for sure, but I'm sure I'd still be the same.
>>
>>18075084
Writing this out made me remember that there was a particularly "traumatic" experience that was the catalyst for my fear of romance suddenly becoming intense enough to cause me to vomit.

Can you remember if you might have had any experience like this?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.