[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm lonely (never had a boyfriend etc) and want to get a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_nkl79gd6cR1shdtkfo1_500.gif (2MB, 488x293px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkl79gd6cR1shdtkfo1_500.gif
2MB, 488x293px
I'm lonely (never had a boyfriend etc) and want to get a cat.

The problem is that when I was younger I promised myself I would never get a cat because it's pathetic and like giving up

But I really want companionship, and something to cuddle.

I don't know whether I'll regret getting a cat

Advice?
>>
Though I would never admit it irl, my cat is one of my best friends and I love the bond we have. Cats are awesome.
>>
>>18073617
>The problem is that when I was younger I promised myself I would never get a cat because it's pathetic

Not everything you think while you're younger is correct.

If the cat will make you a happier person you should get it. That happiness will have positive effects on the rest of your life.
>>
>>18073617
Buy a pomerania, us fluffy as a cat and you don't feel like a lonely piece of shit beacause is not a cat.
>>
>>18073617
It's okay for friendship with one or two special friends. Sometimes you need a hug
>>
Found out there's a no pets policy where I live anyway :(
>>
Want companionship? Get a dog.
>>
>>18073617

That's just a social stereotype based on people that end up with 10+ cats.
They're actually the most common domestic pet.
If you get one make sure its fixed right away so it can't multiply on you. In my experience, cats tend to bond better with opposite gender owners.
Disposition wise, you get what you give. Alot of people claim cats are independent and aloof because they're often neglected so they become less interactive with their owner. Mine gets happy when i get home, follows me around, brings his toys over to play and make me laugh. He also sits with me if im in a bad mood. They make great companions. Just make sure you get it as a kitten so it learns to obey your rules
>>
>>18073708

Aww that sucks, get a betta fish and put it in a 5-10 gal tank. They get pretty active if they have space to move around and show off
>>
>>18073617
i gave up on soulmates when i was i started college. living with a cat is nothing to be ashamed of. to each his own. besides youre not bothering anybody.
>>
>>18073713
Why dogs over cats?
>>
>>18074594

Dogs are sociable and will love you unconditionally. Cats will tolerate you living in the same space with them if you provide food.
>>
>>18074605
While this is true, you can achieve a strong connection with a cat. A cat really trusting you is one of the best feelings. Unconditional love is boring
>>
>>18073617
Why would you see a cat that way?

I've had cats at home all my life. They are so comforting and great pets. My grandma has a few cats and she's married and grandpa is still alive... she just likes cats.

I feel like this will be a self fulfilling prophecy if you let it though.

Also cats can be skiddish and they do whatever they please. They're not all cuddly and like people. I think you want a pet for the wrong reasons...
>>
>>18074594
The dog's knot is way bigger
>>
>>18073617
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Introducing one kind of affection into your life doesn't exclude other kinds of love. Just don't become complacent and start going 'who needs a guy when I have you Mr,whiskers'
>>
>>18073640
Dogs are stupid and annoying. Small dogs are smelly little yipping shits
>>
>>18073617
Why don't you stop being unattractive and catch a stabbing?
>>
>>18073617
do u want a dick with it too :)
>>
>>18074911
Ive given up on that, too hard
>>
>>18074915
gross

how hard is it to not be fat?
>>
>>18073617
Don't do it unless you want become a mental fuck-up through toxoplasmosis

http://www.medicaldaily.com/crazy-cat-lady-toxoplasmosis-parasitic-infection-brain-and-behavior-390436
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxoplasmosis#.22Crazy_cat-lady_syndrome.22
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/09/magazine/09_10_catcoat.html
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2013/09/19/cat-lady-parasite-linked-to-permanent-brain-damage/
>>
>>18073617

cats arent the problem, they are the side effect. denying yourself a cat wont make your life any better or any less pathetic.
>>
>>18074910
I have never gone to a cat owner's apartment that didn't smell like shit. Even when they took great care to keep things clean it still smelled like shit and they didn't realize it.
>>
OP here

What about a rabbit? Like a big floppy lop rabbit
>>
Single guy with a cat.

If a girl told me she had a cat, I think it'd be cute to have cat dates. I love my kitty. He caught a mouse the other day, didn't even fucking play with it. I heard it squeal from the initial kill, then homie was just eating it up.
>>
Also single guy, just adopted a cat. It's so worth it, highly recommend it.
>>
>>18073617
Then get a dog?
>>
>>18073617
You have to actually work at gaining their love, but it's totally worth it once you do.
>>
Pets are ok so long as you don't overdo it. And I don't just mean the amount of pets but also that you shouldn't obsess over it too much, a pet isn't a boyfriend nor a child, it's more like a friend, every chick that acts towards a pet as she would towards her child is fucked in the head and you see it all the time.

Get a dog instead though. Not the small ones, those are just dumber rats, get a real dog. Like a german shepherd, that's a bro for life (probably his life though :/ ), they're smart and loyal as fuck. Get the dog properly trained (it's not fucking hard, you can google it and do it yourself) and you'll have the best friend ever that will also protect you.
>>
I'm a guy and i love cats

but they're wild animals and i'm afraid they would tear my eyes up during my sleep or something like that

as a drawer i can't live without my eyes

but i really consider getting a cat cause i could use some affection

is there really some danger ?
>>
>>18075498
go to your shelter
scope out all the 8 year old and up cats
find a winner

all my cat does is rotate around to and from different lounge spots, and meow when he still has half his food left.
>>
>>18075106
Poop everywhere, not particular affectionate.
>>
>>18075504
Thx, i'll do that someday, i'd really like to have a cat
>>
>>18073617
>lonely
>no bf
>probably in the right age to date + marry + babies
>nobody calls her on such crap

1) you are girl so it means you have insta won in dating game by existing. Fck I would even date you!

2) filling your basic dna hardcoded needs to breed and stuff with cat is WEAK

3) your biological clock are ticking. Man's worth is increasing with age (despite all tfw 20+ still virgin suicide threads). But you will only lose your value.

So fcking man up, resolve your fat in
>>>/fit/
improve your looks in
>>>/fa/
boost yout confidence by posting pictures of your body and reading naughty comments in
>>>/soc/
and get a fcking boyfriend!

Also cats are SUPER, but you may have to spay them and first month can be challenge. Best are some street race so they have no issues and health problems. The more breeded to perfection the more problems.

Also black cats are challenge for cameras, get some with better colors so you can fill up your social media with it to lure more boyfriends.
>>
>>18074696

aka moron who was never loved
>>
>companionship
>cat

lol you're fucking dumb
then again, that's probably the reason you never had a bf
>>
There's nothing wrong with cats.

I'm a lonely fuck because I made myself this way.

My last cat (who I gave to a friend when my love passed) was quite cool but I did not NEED the cat. The cat only helped when we argued, otherwise the cat kept to herself.
>>
I only now realize how my cats made my days feel full...this shit condo does not allow them so they stay at my aunt's house, which is very far away...feelsbadman
>>
>>18073617
Try tinder
>>
>>18075827
>and get a fcking boyfriend!

HOW?!

Step by step please
>>
>>18076144
Are you attractive or not?
If so then it's not hard, just get out and make friends or get on tinder or something, they'll come to you.
If not, then make a big effort to improve that. Exercise, lose weight, eat better, take care of yourself, smile more, etc. There's always something you can do to make yourself more attractive, and not in a bullshit way like using more makeup.
>>
>>18076206
>just get out and make friends or get on tinder or something, they'll come to you.

I guess I'm not attractive then. I can get hookups and FWBs but not relationships

I already do the best with my appearance

It doesn't matter now anyway, I give up
>>
>>18076227
If you can get hookups and FWBs but not relationships then you're probably just after the wrong guys. Maybe just try meeting more people without the explicit intention of a relationship. Surely you'll find someone. Either way, don't give up anon, I believe in you
>>
>>18076242
I have no problem making friends, and at my age there isn't much hope that things will change

There's no guarantee that I'll 'surely find someone', and the odds of it happening get smaller every day
>>
>>18076269
The guy you replied to is right. You are probably looking for the wrong guys.

Do social activities that you actually enjoy doing. That way you are not primarily focused on getting a partner

Also I do not advice Tinder, its tailored towards one night stands.
>>
>>18076278
I'm looking for any guys, right or wrong. I'm not looking for the one, I'm looking for anyone.

I do have a fairly active social life.
>>
>>18076269
how old are you?
>>
>>18076294
>>
>>18076305
The fuck are you waiting for
>>
>>18076314
Waiting for what?
>>
>>18076227
>I fuck casually but I just can't find a decent man
Top kek, you've just explained it yourself.
>>
>>18076348
Oh, so it would be better to be a virgin in your 30s?

There's nothing wrong with casual sex.
>>
>>18076350
Shitty bait.
>>
>>18076227

Would you recommend hookups/FWB? I'm not quite as old as you, but I'm well into forever alone territory and a KV to boot. There's a part of me that would like to have sex at least once, but I'm also scared it'll just make me feel worse and yearn even more for something I'll never had.
>>
>>18076462
I recommend that you take the plunge and try hookups/FWB, you'll never know whether you would like it if you don't try it out.
>>
>>18076551
Just remember it's a one-way street.
>>
>>18076462

Are you a woman?
If so, no. A slutty past is a huge dealbreaker for most decent guys and any one with a shred of self respect won't want to put a ring on the town whore.
>>
>>18076640
Are you a bitter virgin?

If so, get laid.
>>
>>18076643
not him but most guys don't want a slut for anything other than a quick pump and dump.
>>
>>18076643

I'm just being sincere here and trying to help her out. In the end she will do whatever the fuck she wants and there ain't a damn thing I can do about it. Just telling it how it is.
>>
>>18076462
You can find some interesting relationships with that route. Don't expect too much but at least try it for the opportunity. I've made good friends just by looking for casual hookups and they weren't always sexual.
>>
>>18076551

I suppose I should. Just nervous since I don't want to get attached and get hurt.

>>18076640
>>18076652

Guys didn't want me anyways.
>>
>>18076652
But it's ok for men to sleep around?

It's such a silly double standard.
>>
>>18073617

get a bf girl

most women dont understand how to this is how courtship works in real life (not like in the movies)

1. Girl likes a guy
2. She shows hints to a guy that she likes him - make it obvious but don't be all in his face
3. guy likes the girl too
4. guy asks the girl out
5. girl is receptive and not stuck up
6. repeat 4-5 for 3-4 weeks
7. sex (usually somewhere between 2-5th date - rule of thumb 3rd date)
8. girl brings up the bf/gf talk

hang out - have fun - hook up

this is this easy.

Contrarary to what movies told you girls are the choosers
>>
>>18076676

> guy likes the girl too

This is the step that never happens for me
>>
>>18076673

It's not about morals of standards. It's just not attractive to us. We can't help not feeling this way the same way you can't help feel a short guy is unattractive.
>>
>>18076673
That's a new and refreshing viewpoint! It's not really silly, it's biological. Getting sex is an effort men but a simple matter of spreading legs for a woman. It makes it a challenge for men to get as many women as possible and a challenge for women to keep her legs closed until she finds the best mate.
>>
>>18075006
>apartment

wew lad
>>
>>18076686

I assure you that some do you are just not receptive to them and they give up.

hint: guys don't like rejection too so if they don't belive you will go out with them they wont ask you out.

also you can try asking out the guy yourself. Guys are super into girls that do that.
>>
>>18076692
How can you be sure that they do like me? There's no way of proving it, so it's a meaningless claim.

I've asked out guys before, and flirted with them. Like I said I've never been able to get a boyfriend.
>>
File: spookytoys.jpg (210KB, 810x1080px) Image search: [Google]
spookytoys.jpg
210KB, 810x1080px
cat is love, cat is life
>>
>>18076227
>i can get hookups and FWBs but no relationships
>>18076305
>32

So you have no problem attracting horny males. Now tell us why havent you started solving your problem earlier? What were you doing at 25?

Also have you ever though up that you can separate serious bf material from one night stands by not being easy?

>i am giving up
You still have time, for example my mom had me at 38, but in hindsight i can tell you it surely wasnt optimal for her or even me.

>>18076462
>KV girl
Where are you hiding? Let's date :-D
>>
>>18073617
Get a dog instead. With a dog you can walk it and possibly meet someone.
>>
>>18076676
Another grill here, managed to get to 5 but then he started ignoring me.

Must be because I didn't have sex with him on the first date (still a virgin).

How can I differentiate between guys who want only sex and guys who look to be with you as well?

He gave all the signs that he enjoyed spending time with me so this is upsetting
>>
>>18077208
Uh, he stopped spending time with you. So that lets you know which category he falls into, yes?

Unfortunately the way you can tell for certain if someone is going to stick is by seeing if they stick. Not everyone is a lying scumbag that's just trying to get laid, but the traditional guard against scumbag behavior -- knowing the friends/family of the person you're dating -- just doesn't exist anymore in most dating relationships.

>>18077185
Having to walk a dog when it's raining or snowing sucks ass. That's one of the reasons why I don't have a dog right now. Actually I don't have any pets because my life is
>>
>>18073617
I get people instead of pets. Most recently I got a housemate. He's tall enough to reach things for me, is an awesome cook, very affectionate, has excellent taste in cinema, came as a package deal with a very loving doggo and makes me laugh.

I don't actually need a housemate, but I had a spare bedroom and really wanted some company.
>>
>>18077208
>How can I differentiate between guys who want only sex and guys who look to be with you as well

They could both want sex soonish and want to be with you in long term. But just to be sure, get to know him better and then put out so that you don't hit 50 sexual partners before 25. Also if he ran away it's because he dislikes something about you or he got better deal elsewhere.

I think it's pretty easy to tell whether a guy wants a serious relationship, you can just ask him. Or just observe his social interaction: for example, if he's working intellectual jobs like in academia, spend a lot of time thinking about abstract concepts, his usual activities include sitting in a quiet place drinking coffee and contemplate about some book/journal, or doodling mathematical concepts on a piece of paper, it's the type that wants a long term relationship so that he doesn't have to worry about finding a girl and he could focus on his work to get his Field medal. If the guy is a bartender or a personal trainer, daily interacting with girls, spending a lot of time thinking about getting laid, and his usual activities are going to clubs/bars then I hope you know which type this belongs to.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.