[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I dont know anons... I feel lost in life. I cant find meaning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (29KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
29KB, 1280x720px
I dont know anons... I feel lost in life. I cant find meaning
>>
That's because meaning is built, not found.
>>
The very meaninglessness of life forces man to create his own meaning. Children, of course, begin life with an untarnished sense of wonder, a capacity to experience total joy at something as simple as the greenness of a leaf; but as they grow older, the awareness of death and decay begins to impinge on their consciousness and subtly erode their joie de vivre, their idealism — and their assumption of immortality. As a child matures, he sees death and pain everywhere about him, and begins to lose faith in the ultimate goodness of man. But, if he’s reasonably strong — and lucky — he can emerge from this twilight of the soul into a rebirth of life’s elan. Both because of and in spite of his awareness of the meaninglessness of life, he can forge a fresh sense of purpose and affirmation. He may not recapture the same pure sense of wonder he was born with, but he can shape something far more enduring and sustaining. The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.
>>
File: ih5YVV3.jpg (27KB, 500x356px) Image search: [Google]
ih5YVV3.jpg
27KB, 500x356px
It doesn't need meaning. Read a book about cell mechanics or something, it's literally just a chain of unbelievably complex but relatively well-understood chemical reactions. Then you realize you can't do anything about yourself at all. Also read the book "incognito" by David Eagleman. Your brain is basically a robot with the added functionality that it tricks you into thinking you are making decisions (consciousness. dolphins, some birds, elephants, pigs and some primate also have it). Like literally they asked people hooked up to brain electrodes to "move their arm at a random time" and they found that the arm was moved 200 milliseconds before the thought came up.

Then read more about strict determinism, but don't bother with the dozens of spin-offs "there is no free will BUT" and reply to anyone who brings up quantum uncertainty with "is perfect randomness really more pointing towards free will than strict rules" and then you realize since the big bang 14 billion years ago the universe was leading up to you and me posting this because it increased entropy by just a little, and at the end of the day that's all that really matters.

holy shit the meaning of life is literally increasing entropy. humanity is an ordered thorn in the eye of entropy. No wonder the universe is out to destroy us.
>>
I can relate.
Keep looking, and don't be afraid.
You might or might not find it, but try to make the experience worthwhile at least.
Also don't expect others to dictate what meaning is for you
>>
>>18072519
this guy gets it
>>
>>18072519
wow... thanks for the reply I will look into the book...again thanks
>>
>>18072519
*tips fedora*
>>
>>18072496
This is pretty much a part of the horror sci-fi genre. The indifference of the universe for us.
>>
>>18072646
*adjusts monocle
>out of free will
>>
>>18072519

Get a load of this positivist crap
>>
We writing novels now?

OP just relax. Take a break from everything and go on a walk. If what you're doing doesn't make you happy then do something else.
>>
This is why I like vidya, because life is just a fucking game, why play one game when you can play multiple?
>>
>>18072375
there is no meaning but that which you create, my son
>>
>>18072824
This is dumb. Using your logic real life contains far more games in it than in all the video games ever made combined. You like vidya because it's less to focus on and more goal-oriented and outlined for you, unlike the blank canvas of life where the rules are more obscure. Vidya is life dumbed down.
>>
>>18072896
>using my logic
And what logic is that? Most people just have 1 long term goal in their life, with multiple short term goals to get there, but most of those short term goals are not enjoyable at all. Why dumbed down? Why not made easier? After all that's what we humans do, we make everything easier for us.
>>
>>18072920
>most people
>we humans
Stop generalizing. Life is an individual voyage, not a collective passage. The thrill of life comes from the opposite of making things easier - the thirst for challenge, the thrill of pushing thresholds and comforts. It prompts emotion and suffering, which teaches and improves us. It is because life today is so easy that we have vast populations of weak people who look outwardly for answers to life's biggest problems instead of within themselves. The games we make are our distractions from the biggest game of all: understanding who we are; what we are. Tell me Anon, Gameplayer - what are you?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.