[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to tell if I'm secretly retarded?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: retarded.gif (1024KB, 218x228px) Image search: [Google]
retarded.gif
1024KB, 218x228px
I feel like things only get awkward with me when I talk to people, no matter who they are. How do I know I'm not majorly retarded and everyone can instantly tell, and are simply abstaining from communication because of how untrustworthy I am to talk to?
>>
>>18071972

it could just be a possible low intelligence yet relatively articulate form of autism.

I have never been diagnosed but I 1. never had friends 2. stim 3. have below average intelligence

I often wonder if I was diagnosed with mild retardation but my parents whom I live with hid it from me
>>
>>18072029
Same. I mean people are polite with me, but sometimes the same people I talk to appear a lot more fluid and comfortable with others. In my childhood I was really isolated and different compared to people I know now.

I always wonder if they have a subconscious connection which they simply cannot reveal to anyone outside of themselves.
>>
First of all, there's nothing wrong with retarded people. You have to own your failings as well as your strengths, because if you don't put value in yourself then you can't expect others to. Nobody is superior to other people.

I would liken being socially good to being good at a game or a sport. There's a skill and intelligence to it, but then if you sat a test against them you might do as well or better depending on what it is. It's too easy to develop a complex about this and trust me my friend this is not a road of thought you want to go down, full of fallacies and at best a complete waste of time.
>>
>>18072065
Have you ever felt fear of going to social events/meetings? Do you ever feel nervous/anxious when in a room full of people?
>>
>>18072116
No I used to, but I've overcome it through sheer habit. Frankly I rarely have that intense emotional fear about anything anymore. I still have that lingering layered anxiety of the premise of it and the morals of the meet-up. It sounds crazy but I have a mentality that all the small things make any future problems what they are. I kinda end up thinking through my head how to adjust but in a way that is as self-protective as possible.
>>
>>18072107
Thanks this was a good post.
>>
>>18071972

I have autism, too, OP.

>we will never get to hang out because even if we were to meet up people might throw soda at us and call us tards
>>
>>18071972

I found out I am retarded yesterday.

Do you know how I know? 3% of the population is retarded.

If you take a hundred people in a room, I am without a doubt in the bottom 3 intelligence-wise. Thus, I am retarded.

An hero time I suppose
>>
>>18072145
I was speculating that it might be Social Anxiety. Perhaps that's something you're aware of? I have it myself and what you describe is behaviors that I can relate to; a feel that you are "less intelligent" and that you lack social skills such as communication is very apparent in most people with social anxiety.

It doesn't mean that you necessarily are unintelligent, it just means that you are highly self-critical and when you end up in a conversation with someone you may stutter or stumble on your words and feel that you're not getting your point across. This type of destructive experience will of course add up and feed the feeling of being unintelligent and will create more distance (in your mind) between you and others.

Seeing how social anxiety is one of the most common mental disorders, I deemed it logical to bring it up. If it's something that really weighs on your mind, you should speak to your doctor and see what they think about perhaps talking to a psychologist.

I'm not a doctor myself, and I'm not saying you do have social anxiety but if you have issues such as this they can usually help you work on your worries.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.