[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend doesn't interact with me much in public

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 23894.jpg (342KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
23894.jpg
342KB, 2000x1000px
We've been together for 6 months, we're both young adults.

It seems whenever we are around people we know, specifically at an event (like a lunch) or at a party she will rarely interact with me. This is particularly the case when she is around her friends, she will much prefer to hang out and laugh with them the entire time.

Whats worse is that we were at a family event (her extended family) and some of her friends, she made no effort to introduce me to anyone, but playing with the toddlers and sat around with her friends talking in the time she had. One of her male friends who also happens to be mine remarked on how we had barely talked at this event at all and it seemed abnormal.

To put it simply, you'd never be able to tell she is my girlfriend in public, because she treats me completely Platonicly.

We do spend time alone together, and we are intimate and romantic a lot of the time, and if we're walking in the city or a mall we will hold hands occasionally, but whenever we are around people we know (friends and family) she is completely platonic.

Is this normal? I keep telling myself it's because she doesn't see her friends/extended family as much as me so i'm lower on her priorities, but ever since our friend remarked on the 'abnormally absent' level of interaction I have been confused.

>TL;DR is anon's girlfriend not treating him like she should in public or is he being a sensitive whiny little bitch.
>>
I'm curious, does your girlfriend have any issues with social anxiety? It might be that she doesn't want to assert her relationship status as it's subconsciously rude or something.

With all the details it does seem a little odd though... Have you asked her about it yet?
>>
>>18071841
She probably doesn't consider you for a serious/long-term relationship (seeing as you're both young adults, this isn't surprising).

Young women are amazingly fickle creatures.
>>
>>18071846
She does have very bad anxiety, and she's on Zoloft.

I have talked to her about it, and she somewhat acknowledged she didn't go to any effort to introduce me to anyone or help me into conversation with people i had never met, however remarked on how antisocial I am. We both agreed we would work on these things, however a similar situation has repeated itself.

We have another social event due up and I'm worried it will keep happening.
>>
>>18071857
Figures on the anxiety part. That's definitely a part of it though it sounds like she's letting it get the better of her. How soon is that next social event? That one will be a definitive indicator as to what's going on.
>>
>>18071841
I was the same when I was younger.
I was very insecure and felt really uncomfortable. With my boyfriend I could be myself, he always made me feel accepted and loved. With my friends I didn't feel as relaxed and I always tried to act cool. When we were together, it felt like two worlds crashing.
This made me act completely differently when my boyfriend was out with my friends. I was really cold with him. Eventually I got used to it, but it took me years.
>>
"Anxiety" is a meme disorder these days.
Sure it exists, but 95% of the cases these days aren't real anxiety. It's just a label people use to deny personal responsibility for not having their shit together.
You advice is to dump her op
And find a girl who has confidence in herself and has her shit together
>>
>>18071841
Had one gf that was really independent (so am I) and most social events we attended or had we rarely spoke to each other but everyone knew we were together. I had no problem with it and neither did she.

However, had another gf when I was younger that would have fun with her friends but would stick to me in a social setting she didn't know most of the people except when there was a really good looking guy there. It was then she would act totally different and appear to not be more than a friend to me. It was very apparent. She would swear it wasn't the case however other people saw it too and one time when I returned from the toilet she already had accepted a drink sent to her by a guy across the room. Still she tried to pretend, I had enough and broke up with her later that night.
>>
File: 1480205371987.jpg (87KB, 882x640px) Image search: [Google]
1480205371987.jpg
87KB, 882x640px
>>18071841
Are you ugly OP?

On a more serious note, however, she may just not like personal displays of affection (PDA) which is something I had with my relationship, and something which I struggled as well. I just don't like it. However, this seems like there's a greater underlying issue which
>>18071846
>>18071852
May have highlighted, and I'm gravitating towards the fact that she isn't thinking of continuing the relationship for much longer. >>18071947 may be right, it's usually just easier to find a new girlfriend if she's struggling to really treat you properly, especially if you're young. I hate women though, and I've got some bad history with them so keep that in mind with my advice.
>>
>>18072266
I meant public displays *
>>
She absolutely has anxiety, enough for her to be put on this emotion destroying drug (she's on like 1 tablet a day). She's now also, since a month ago, is on the pill, which is where things have just gone totally downhill from.

>>18072266
she was the one who approached me initially, and in our first few months together she couldn't have been more happy of people knowing I was her boyfriend. I'm not ugly, but I'm not rich, muscular or particularly fit, she just thought i was funny and intelligent. during our first 4-5 months we loved each other unconditionally and it was the best feeling I have ever experienced.

I guess i really wanted to know if this behaviour is normal, and from what you guys have told me, I slept on it and decided it wasn't, and that, as many of you say, theres an underlying issue, one which many of you seem to think is her losing feelings for me.

We have actually discussed whether we still have feelings for each other, I said I still love her and I do, and she said she still loved me and she's just going through a rough patch but i'm really not sure anymore.

If she has lost feelings for me, for no reason, is that a really shit-person thing to do? I have done nothing but love and cherish her, and she loses feelings for me suddenly?
>>
>>18072875
>
If she has lost feelings for me, for no reason, is that a really shit-person thing to do? I have done nothing but love and cherish her, and she loses feelings for me suddenly?

No, it happens to the best of us. You can't really control it, unfortunately, and it could be for a number of reasons. You could try to "reignite" the flame, which is what you see those really shit-tier movies go on about. I don't know how realistic it is in real-life, and when I lost feelings for my ex I cut my losses. That said, I really felt bad for her that I didn't like her anymore.

Also, the ugly thing was a half-joke OP.
>>
>>18073091
I suppose so.
But she told me she's going to be destroyed if she leaves me, and she cries when we even bring up the topic, constantly reaffirming that 'she can't imagine herself with anyone but me.'

What i can't tell if she is legitimately losing feelings for me or she is letting her negative feelings get the best of her, as some others suggested.

I was told that;
if you leave someone still loving them they did something wrong.
if you leave someone and they did nothing wrong it's because you don't love them.

Is it possible that she's just stuck in this cycle of acting distant in public, so she feels bad about us, and because she feels bad about us she acts different, and then she feels worse?

Should I keep trying to make this work or should I just drop our relationship but risk losing her over a stupid, fixable temporary black cloud.
>>
>>18073154
>Should I keep trying to make this work or should I just drop our relationship but risk losing her over a stupid, fixable temporary black cloud.
I basically lost feelings for my girlfriend because I got depressed, the reason I got depressed was because I cared for my girlfriend (wanted the best, felt I wasn't good enough). It was a weird cycle trust me. I have bad issues when it comes with emotions for other people, I don't really like that sort of deep emotional stuff. I felt really incompetent in my relationship, like she could do better. It took a real hit on my self-esteem at the same time, which led to the depression as well. Maybe it's something similar, I have no idea. With depression you kinda find a problem in anything, anyway.

I don't really know man, it honestly could be anything. It's probably best to try and get a genuine answer out of her because playing guessing games, or trying to get into her head seems pointless - and could just lead to bad assumptions.
>>
>>18071841
because she doesnt find you attractive. women by nature are clingy.
>>
>>18071841
Are her parents affectionate in public? Are her friends kinda bitchy?
Does she have any good couples that could have modeled from?

She might think public displays of affection are bad manners.
>>
>>18073211
Her parents aren't very affectionate, but we have been quite romantic with each other before. We went to a party when we were only 3 months and we didn't leave each others side, held hands etc.

We had a minor tiff over how well i interacted with her parents, and since then she suddenly started acting a bit more distant around others and along with that came the questioning of how similar we are as people.

It got only to a not even very concerning point, but then come January it just went all fucking down hill. I'll talk to her and spend time with her in private and it'l be great (not as great as it once was), but extended periods of time from each other and she falls into this belief that the "flame has died."

She reaffirms all the time how she wants to 'make it work,' yet tells me it's nothing to do with me and it's to do with her.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.