[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

being trans at gym?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: lockerroom.jpg (44KB, 398x262px) Image search: [Google]
lockerroom.jpg
44KB, 398x262px
how does lgbt do this and have any of you had any issues?

i signed up for gold's gym with my cis friend and before we did i was really wary. like tried to look up their trans policy online (which i couldn't find) and then decided to ask them about it in person (which i didn't do because i kinda pussied out). my friend was like, "whatever no one gives a shit, it will be fine."

and i guess it was fine because they gave us a full tour of the women's locker room and everything. but now i'm starting to get freaked out. the area i live in is very conservative and my state is one pushing for a trans bathroom law "to protect women and children" and this shit might affect me at the gym. gold's gym is fucking expensive. if they fuck me what's going to happen? will i have to pay the $8 billion subscription cancelation fee? will i not be able to gym at all anymore? i don't fucking know.

and in my paranoia i try to look up gold's trans policy again, to find these videos that are equal parts cringey and ominous:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_6mmqKfVxA [Embed]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TRx0eXxNcg [Embed]

like wtf is this shit. is this trans life in america now? just how fucked am i, as someone that actually needs to use the gym locker room to keep my shit in and sometimes change. if i go home after work to change by the time i get there it will be full of people and i'll never touch a squat rack again.

fuck.
>>
>>18070929
This might not be the best advice, but you could just go there until they give you problems. The second they do, call the ACLU. With their increased funding, there is a decent chance they'd help you out. If that doesn't come through, if you pay a reputable attorney to threaten a lawsuit, they'd probably be willing to kill your contract to avoid multi-thousand dollar litigation.
>>
>>18070943
I doubt he's the first misguided faggot to be in this situation.

>if you got a dick, use the men's locker room
>no dick, use the women's locker room
It's that simple. Alternatively, kill yourself.
>>
I'm not sure why you're so worried, unless they have public showers is there even a way anyone will know? If they do have public showers, you're better off showering at home to prevent any assault or something, but other than that I don't think anyone will even think about it
>>
Should have gone to Planet Fitness instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJdmLu18Vzk
>>
>>18070951
Considering the conservative area OP lives in, going into the wrong bathroom for OP's appearance could result in injury.
>>
>>18070943
i can't afford an attorney. guess the ACLU will be my one option if this happens. also what if my state actually passes the "bathroom law"?

i'm so scared :(

>>18070955
i'm afraid someone will notice i'm trans and complain to management.

>>18070957
there is no planet fitness here, and my friend insisted on gold's because they have daycare and she has kids.
>>
>>18070965
>i'm afraid someone will notice i'm trans and complain to management
if they do, you do like the other anon said and call ACLU or whatever it is

don't forget to shave your beard before going and you're fine
>>
>>18070965
Don't consider this legal advice, but the minimum protections of the Constitution apply to all the states. It is up to the states to grant more or less protection. Eventually I would anticipate litigation for trans rights under the 14th amendment. Whether it ultimately succeeds or not is irrelevant for your immediate purposes. If you tell an attorney you just want the contract cancelled if Gold's harasses you, it is unlikely that they would risk the political fallout from fighting that case in court. Furthermore it would cost them a shit ton of money. I'm sure you could find an attorney willing to draft a demand letter for free in that case. That said, this is not legal advice, just general thoughts on the matter for your consideration. Sorry about your circumstances.
>>
>>18070987
When I say the states can grant less protection, I mean they can try, but is illegal.
>>
File: 1487095483146.jpg (110KB, 762x464px) Image search: [Google]
1487095483146.jpg
110KB, 762x464px
Stop being trans
>>
>>18070990
if it's illegal then how to you explain north carolina?
>>
>>18071004
Because discriminating against transexual individuals is not per se illegal yet. What I was saying is that on the basis of Constitution, states cannot grant less protection than the Constitution provides. That said, the Supreme Court has yet to interpret gender to be a protected status. So, for the time being, North Carolina is safe insofar as legal precedent is concerned. That said, federal mandates apply to federal employees. So that could circumvent North Carolina state law insofar as federal employers are concerned. I'm simply saying that a lawsuit is certainly brewing and the ACLU or another firm is looking for the right client to push.
>>
>>18071015
so trans discrimination is legal, is what you're saying.
>>
>>1807102
Well I would say that it is quasi-legal. The Supreme Court and the North Carolina courts have yet to say that is isn't legal. At the same time, the federal courts have yet to rule that it is legal. That said, I think there are valid grounds for a lawsuit here, and that legal status may change in the future. So unless Gold's Gym wants to be the mascot for fighting trans rights, they'd be better off settling with OP if any such situation should arise. So the threat of a lawsuit is a powerful motivator.
>>
>>18071026
you have about as many rights as rosa parks at the front of the bus if that helps
>>
>>18071048
i don't really want to fight for social justice or anything like that. mostly i just want people to leave me alone. this stuff is really scaring me though.

fuck.
>>
hi op.
bi ace here. you shouldn't come to adv and expect people to understand trans problems. you can use /lgbt/, people there probably know a lot more.
sorry you have to go through it, stay strong
>>
>>18071061
yeah of course not. unfortunately there's no way of knowing what'll happen. you have to try it and find out
>>
>>18070929
>MUH LEGAL DOCUMENTS

You know what? If you have a penis go in the fucking mens room. It's not a fucking hard concept. Holy shit you trans faggots are such entitled assholes.
>>
>>18071048
Wut. Trans people are allowed to sit at the front of the bus. Cis men and women are also restricted to using one bathroom. They all have the same amount of "rights" in this situation.
>>
Fuck you tranny freak
>>
best thing would be to have a separate locker room for all these deviants. they can not really claim to belong to any of the assigned groups men or women. If they do, go with what you were born with.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.