[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I enroll in software engineering to learn the math to make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1446375648303.png (463KB, 1070x601px) Image search: [Google]
1446375648303.png
463KB, 1070x601px
>I enroll in software engineering to learn the math to make games
>discover I'm too dumb and hate math
>struggle with Calc I
>already three weeks and can't stand having to learn more stupid BS that is not usefull to games
>thinking of quitting my major

I'm a humanities and art guy, not some STEM nerd.

I guess I should cancel Calculus I and then focus on passing the other classes, so I can start to study the literature classes.

I rather become a literature major and die starving than study math.
>>
>>18070839
Math is incredibly important to making (most) games.
>>
>>18070841
I think I rather become the art guy than the math guy and form a team.
>>
i'm sorry anon but you shouldn't have enrolled in that program if you can't into STEM, quit while you're ahead
>>
>>18070839
i was in a similar situation but I stuck with it even though it's tough.

just admit you're a lazy shit and want the easy way out.
>>
>>18070864
I never liked math in school.

how can I pass calc I if I don't remember anything beyond elementary arithmetic?
>>
>>18070839
On the bright side for you, most of the people I've met in law school are mathematically challenged. Not to say that you should do law school, but you aren't alone and people still manage to succeed. You could always learn design and have a direct influence on the aesthetics of games. Though it might not exactly be the most solid career plan, its not like coding games is the crown jewel of job security anyway.
>>
>>18070839
There are other ways to contribute to game development besides software engineering.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.