[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to leave my girlfriend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: walking in snow.jpg (335KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
walking in snow.jpg
335KB, 1920x1200px
I love her dearly, but I know she isn't the one I can spend the long term future with. How do I control myself from crawling back to her because I love her?
>>
why isn't she the one you can spend your future with? You said you love her, what's standing in your way?
>>
>>18070680
need more context anon
>>
>>18070683
>>18070683
She has a lot problems, like being excessively clingly, problematic and controlling. We have been dating for over 2 years now and ever since the beginning, she has changed not only mentally but physically. She was very attractive when we first met but has let herself go to a point that is aggravating, especially when I'm the exact opposite with staying in shape. I just feel there is something better out there for me.
>>
>>18071038
having said that, she is a great girl, but its just time for me and her to part ways. I'm rather set on moving on, its just actually doing it. I don't want to break her heart because I'm too much of a bitch, but i know i cant just stay in a relationship for her feelings. So i how do i stick to my guns and not try and run back to her because i miss her? She's my first love and we were together for some hard and growing times in our lives as young adults. The last time i tried ending it with her, the only thing i could think about was all the memories i had with her and then ran back to her.
>>
>>18071119
>>18071038
Okay first:
Have you talked to her about what problems you have? Nobody you will ever meet is going to stay the same, and everyone has bad points to them. Are you absolutely certain that you have brought any actual problems up and actually communicated about them? Some people are more afraid of confronting their partner about issues than they would be just escaping from the relationship altogether, and that's cowardly. Tell her that you're having some problems with the relationship if you haven't already.

second:
Are you breaking up because you think the two of you are incompatible? Or because you think that there is someone out there who is "more" compatible? Seriously ask yourself this. If you two get along well together and your problem is that you think you could do better, then you WILL regret breaking up, and you WILL want to go back - because someone better can and will take a long, long time to find, if ever.
It's easier to stay away if you know that the relationship has unsolvable issues, if you both have problems with each other that neither of you can change. Talking to her about your problems more can also help answer this question and also make her feel like you aren't just abandoning her for no reason.

and third:
If you do break up, do it cleanly and clearly, in person and unambiguous. Have something else in your life to keep you busy, not another girlfriend necessarily but things to do, to keep you active and busy. otherwise you'll end up like i was for a while, doing nothing, staying in feeling sorry for yourself, and missing her just out of nature of having someone around to interact with.
>>
>>18071434
>>18071434
Good points anon.

I have brought up a lot of the issues I have with her directly, but nothing really has changed. I've given her so many chances but Its always an excuse.

I want to leave her because I feel she is handicapping me and making me miserable. I'm not leaving to fuck hoes or get into another relationship, instead I'm really just trying to focus on myself.

We get along super well when we hanging out, It's just I'm unhappy with what's she's become and what's she's doing to me. I don't feel there will be any regrets, but more along the lines of just missing the void she will leave and feeling depressed for hurting her.

You got a good point about staying busy, probably something I need to invest in.
>>
>gf gets THICK
>this is somehow a negative
>>
>>18070680
By keeping busy with hobbies and other things.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.