[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I do a long distance relationship with my gf?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (201KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
201KB, 1024x1024px
So I have been dating my gf for three months now and we found out today that she is going to another college than I. I really like her and we agree on pretty much everything politically, religiously and I can be myself around her without feeling awkward. I don't want to lose her but I also am not sure if I want to do a longdistance relationship. She says she's down for going longdistance and I know she won't cheat since I'm her first ever bf and she's autistic around other guys. Her school will only be 3 hours away from mine. Should I do it or not?
>>
you're only three hours apart you can see each other every week
>>
LDRs aren't usually successful... Of course, it might keep your relationship with her going for a little bit but everyone I know who has tried to make that work has failed. But you could try seeing each other every week and skyping or something like that?
>>
>>18070626
If you want to try, go ahead. But don't get your hopes up. If it doesn't seem like she's putting in enough effort, or if she joins a sorority, dump her on the spot.
>>
My gf is 10 hours away, we've been dating for 4 months and spent two weekends with each other. It is going really well but she is planning on moving up here in December. If she is going to this college for like 4 years it's gonna be really hard but if you think it could work out, I say go for it.
>>
yes and no

yes because you seem to have a good thing going on
no because you are willing to give that good thing up because of a not so large distance
>>
As a general rule, no, but they can work.

Was in a LDR for the first three years of college, actually also dated her for a few months before college like you. But I ended up being deeply depressed and built this safe bubble around myself. Part of that crutch was feeling safe in that relationship.

If you do choose to do it, just make sure you grow as your own person, too. You can still go do college-y things and make friends and do dumb fun shit. Don't let yourself be too consumed by the relationship. Live your own life apart from her. If you can't do both, don't.

I legitimately can not stress that enough.
>>
A three-hour trip isn't actually that bad at all... My current gf and I are in this exact spot and things are fine and dandy, though I also have a vehicle and can make weekend trips and whatnot. Really it's just a matter of seeing each other at somewhat regular intervals.

A word of warning though; if for whatever reason she becomes distant and unwilling to put in the same kind of effort you are, drop her. Had an ex that came down to the same uni I'm at but she ended things because she wanted to "see who she was being single." It's a mentality that a lot of people get when going off to post-secondary and is much more of a concern than distance imo.

Best wishes to ya, OP.
>>
Three hours is absolutely nothing. Is there a question here at all?

You also have the opportunity to explore a relationship where you'll see less of each other, but not too little. That could be a nice change of pace.
>>
>>18070626
It was ok for about the first two months then as I kept myself isolated from other girls unknown to me my ex accepted the invitations from guy "friends". If you had been together for 3 years not 3 months and had a brief separation it may be different but within 3 months you will have been apart more than together. Don't waste your time.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.